• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

One of many complaints is that he won't stand up to ACC officials. I haven't seen anyone wish that he'd cuss out an opposing fan, and with good reason.

HRay9.jpg

Just saying this poster seems lame. The point of heckling someone is to get a reaction out of them. What's the fun of heckling someone and having them completely ignore you?

Bzzz is abrasive enough to make this somewhat believable.

Assuming your story is remotely accurate (and just for the sake of argument I'll take it as true), my respect for Bzzz just went way up.

Nothing worse than whiny cowardly fans who sit in the stands and heckle coaches and players from what they assume is the safety of their seats, then rush to their local message board to whine when the coaches or players give it back to them.

Man up, whiner.

This doesn't make sense.....maybe it's about the North Korean leader being assisnated.

It's too convenient and out of character.

I remember some great moments in heckling history during my days...

There was a Maryland Assistant Coach to got really angry,stodd up and acxted like he was going to come up into the stands.

Also, I remember a FSU player (not a scrub) get so into the heckling that he starting talking trash back and missed the team huddle during a timeout.

Both cases were victories for the fans/hecklers.

As Nonny points out, the guy has 15,000 posts on the Miami Scout board and really no reason to lie about Wake. The guy probably is a dick, but the story seems legit.

Most upset I've ever seen a coach in person was Coach K after he got hit in the head by the cap of a water bottle.

He and two of his assistant coaches spent about 10 minutes trying to find out who threw it.

I wonder what the Miami dude was saying when heckling him. If he was saying Bz's substitutions were futile because Bz is stupid, then I don't think Bz is justified in acting like a jackass. If the guy was saying Bz's substitutions are futile because, e.g., Tony Chennault sucks donkey balls, then I think Bz is somewhat justified. Always stick up for your players. I'm a man. I'm 40.

imagine what he'd do if he saw one of your bagheads

Someone record it if it ever happens. I've heard Wake students talk about doing it, although nobody will I'd bet. (Unless they're drunk)

Everything I've seen and heard of [Redacted]'s personality, handling of the media, and interaction with fans via the radio shows makes me agree he's the kind of person who, if heckled to the breaking point, would think of nothing else to say besides telling the person to go fuck himself.

From Deacon Sports:

"When the Canes were up by about 15 with 5 minutes or so left, I started heckling [Redacted] about his futile substitutions. He turns around looks directly at me, points his finger at me and says "Fu*k You." The people sitting around me couldn't believe what he did. My jaw dropped.

Note: I wasn't heckling any of the Wake players, certainly not using profanity or saying anything of a personal nature. And this millionaire grown man is so thin skinned about his coaching ability that he turns around and curses at a fan. What a horrible role model for young men. Thinking about contacting Wake Forest to inform them of my experience.

Does he have a reputation as a hothead? I can't imagine a verteran basketball coach not being able to just ignore heckling."

#culture

I sat behind Left Driesell at a Maryland game and he said "fuck you" easily to each of his players, each of the Wake players, each of the refs, half the fans, Carl Tacy, and half of the mothers of these people also. Modern sensitivities are ... well, so sensitive.

That fan needs to stop being a bitch. He has the balls to heckle somebody, but then when they respond he gets upset? What a loser. And to the point that "He's a bad role model for young men" that may be, but it's not because he said fuck you to somebody. These are college kids, I think they've heard the f word before.

I just know that Ron doesn't particularly care about winning, but cares a lot about culture. So I'm just trying to do my part.

Back