• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

I actually hope that the story is true. Another reason to not be able to stand the guy. Leave the cussing out of conference opponents' fans to the Screamin Demons/Wake Fans.

i guess he could have whined to the refs and gotten the fan kicked out. #roy

it would be nice if bzz would show these type of balls with refs.

Assuming your story is remotely accurate (and just for the sake of argument I'll take it as true), my respect for Bzzz just went way up.

Nothing worse than whiny cowardly fans who sit in the stands and heckle coaches and players from what they assume is the safety of their seats, then rush to their local message board to whine when the coaches or players give it back to them.

Man up, whiner.

I'm as buzz out as they come, and I'm kind of happy that Bzz said it. He might be a bad coach, but at least he doesn't take shit from punk ass Miami fans. Now if only he showed the same passion to his team.

I'd rather my coach have the class to be above that kind of thing.

If Wellman just brushes this off, he's a hypocrite. Aside from the whole culture change BS, we're talking about an AD who once had our band play the other teams' fight songs at football games. I also remember being at the field hockey NCAA championship game one year and Wellman actually asked a group of us to sit down so he could see. So I can't imagine he'd be OK with his coach cursing out a fan.

*Edit to add this admission: My judgment is definitely clouded by how much Bz sucks as a coach. If Skip had done this when we were the top-ranked team in the country, I would have said it was awesome.

From Deacon Sports:

"When the Canes were up by about 15 with 5 minutes or so left, I started heckling [Redacted] about his futile substitutions. He turns around looks directly at me, points his finger at me and says "Fu*k You." The people sitting around me couldn't believe what he did. My jaw dropped.

Note: I wasn't heckling any of the Wake players, certainly not using profanity or saying anything of a personal nature. And this millionaire grown man is so thin skinned about his coaching ability that he turns around and curses at a fan. What a horrible role model for young men. Thinking about contacting Wake Forest to inform them of my experience.

Does he have a reputation as a hothead? I can't imagine a verteran basketball coach not being able to just ignore heckling."

#culture

Glad he wasn't Karl Hess or he would have had the authority to eject him.

Think that guy caught way of his limit with his bait.....it's so predictable that some want this to be true.

Why just them? The UNC fans are wayyyy too funny to not taunt.

Trust me... the last football game at home we won... after listening to those idiots for four quarters.

The walk of shame was awesome that day my friend.

So what?

Didn't we already know [Redacted] is a prick?

I could definitely believe this story.

Attachments

• prius.jpg
    prius.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 0
I doubt this is true. I hate [Redacted] but I think this is completely out of character. Did anyone TiVo the game and could maybe see if anything happened when the ball was on our end of the court?

I'm not a [Redacted] fan but I have no problem with this story, IF true.

Much about nothing.

Back