• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

Personally, I doubt this happened... do you trust a Miami fan, or what you have seen from Bzz so far. Still not sure about coaching, but I have not seen weakness in character up to this point. Coach K drops "F-bomb" all the time at players, more often at refs...

There are enough people who want Bzzzz out that I could definitely see someone making stuff up about Bzzzzz. But on the flip side I could see the frustration of this season boiling over and Bzzzzz (or any coach) responding to a fan's jeers.

Personally, I doubt this happened... do you trust a Miami fan, or what you have seen from Bzz so far. Still not sure about coaching, but I have not seen weakness in character up to this point. Coach K drops "F-bomb" all the time at players, more often at refs...

Trusting what I have seen from Bz so far leads me to believe the Miami fan. I get to the same place either way.

You haven't listened to any post games or radio shows huh?

Or heard how he left Air Force?

The guy is an asshole. I have no problem believing he said this, but I also don't really care. At least he hasn't insulted our fans too much this year.

Those of you who are defending Bzz's alleged actions, would you feel the same if it were Coach K or Roy who did this?

Roy wouldn't do it, because he's too muich of aa pussy.

I'd expect K to do it and would probably laugh about it. If you antagonize a guy whom you know will curse like a sailor and he drops the f bomb on you, it's your fault.

An overwhelming majority of coaches curse a lot. It's BS to complain about it.

Last edited:
An overwhelming majority of coaches cuirse a lot. It's BS to complain about it.

That's one way to win an argument...change the subject. The issue has never been about Bzz cursing. The issue is that he turned around and cursed at an opposing fan who was in his paid seat to watch the game Bzz was being paid to coach (and failing at). A douche move right up there with Roy's complaints about opposing fans behind his bench or having a fan thrown out for heckling his players.

I wish that guy had video evidence. Anything to help Buzz get fired is a good thing.

However, as someone said earlier, if Skip had done this I would have loved it. That's what charisma get's you!

However, as someone said earlier, if Skip had done this I would have loved it. That's what charisma get's you!

Skip would have had something far more clever to say and would have said something out of good natured ribbing rather than frustration with his own incompetence.

I wouldn't be surprised that this happened, however I don't understand the fan's reaction to it. One of my greatest Joel experiences was in 2010 when I heckled Gary Williams to the point he reacted by telling me to "shut the fuck up." Why should anyone get upset that needling someone causes a reaction. Is it classy? No. Does it change my opinion of him? No (admittedly, it couldn't get much worse).

The Buzzouters want this to be true to justify their hate. Many wil lrepeat it ad nauseum like it's true whether it is or not.

I could care less what he said. It's the fact that he could not control himself in this situation. You should never engage a fan in response like that; it shows tremendous weakness. Unfortunately, this lack of strength is not inconsistent with what we have seen from him over the last 2 years. He seems like a beaten man who wants out. That route would serve him best at this point, so hopefully he has made some calls to NBA coaches.

I would very much prefer my coach not turn around and tell fans to fuck off. If Coach K did it, I wouldn't be impressed, although I wouldn't be lobbying Duke or the ACC to censure him or ask for an apology. I'd just look at it as unprofessional and a character flaw.

I could care less what he said. It's the fact that he could not control himself in this situation. You should never engage a fan that in response; it shows tremendous weakness. Unfortunately, this lack of strength is not inconsistent with what we have seen from him over the last 2 years. He seems like a beaten man who wants out. That route would serve him best at this point, so hopefully he has made some calls to NBA coaches.

At the game where my video happened, about four of our guys got wiped out by picks that weren't called.

Palma, donaldross and I were sitting about ten feet from the bench. In a huddle one of the coaches said,"Call the damn picks and shut him the fuck up."

Skip would have had something far more clever to say and would have said something out of good natured ribbing rather than frustration with his own incompetence.

"Today, we may suck, but tomorrow you'll still be stuck in Corral Gables"

Back