• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

Trusting what I have seen from Bz so far leads me to believe the Miami fan. I get to the same place either way.

Sounds to me like Bzz is guilty until proven innocent by many on this board. Rumors and misunderstanding happen all the time in communication. In general, I give people the benefit of the doubt until something is clear. The guy is frustrated by many things which have happened, but who wouldn't be. I have heard a couple of after game responses, but certainly not all.

To another poster's comment, no, I do not think Grobe or Odom would have taken notice of any fan, let alone curse at him. I'm still not convinced this actually happened.

I have no doubt Bzz said what he was accused of saying. What reason would a Miami fan with no history of posting on the Wake boards have to come to Deacon Sports after their team blows our team out of the water and make something up and then defend it through multiple pages and days of posting?

It could certainly be the case that we don't have the whole story on what the fan said to Bzz.

Because throwing in the F-Bomb makes for a much better story, that is what I was trying to get at. I'm not a buzz defender at all (on anything, ever) I'm just saying the chances of the story being told exactly as it happened are pretty low given both the nature of this particular source and people in general. Ever been fishing?

I think you're missing the point. It's not okay for a coach to curse at fans regardless of his personality and regardless of his level of success.

The absolute stupidity of this thread is the number of posters who just accept as true a charge from a MIAMI fan that even his fellow Miami fans call a well-known D-bag.

But when you're motivated by blind hatred of your own coach, you'll believe anything.

[And I'm no BzzInner]

The absolute stupidity of this thread is the number of posters who just accept as true a charge from a MIAMI fan that even his fellow Miami fans call a well-known D-bag.

But when you're motivated by blind hatred of your own coach, you'll believe anything.

[And I'm no BzzInner]

This thread just all illustrates how this fan base is completely unhappy with this coach - and his personality has done zero to endear him to his own fans. That is a recipe for disaster every time, and that is exactly what we have on our hands.

The frustration level is so high, that posters are trying to find anything to prove to the Bzzinners that Bzz is the wrong guy, and that he needs to be shown the gate in March.

I agree that it's not a huge deal. But it is a behavior that deserves correcting, assuming it actually happened.

Those of you who are defending Bzz's alleged actions, would you feel the same if it were Coach K or Roy who did this?

[And I'm no BzzInner]

I'm not sure why you singled me out when I called it an alleged incident. Clearly, most posters are speaking in the hypothetical at this point.

[And I'm no BzzInner]

Why would I not believe that a douchebag Miami fan would heckle our coach into cursing? The only few people saying this is false weren't even there. Maybe the next poster who wants to dispute this event should provide some reasoning. Here is my reasoning for believing it: Hecklers are pretty common, Bzz is stressed out and probably angry, Bzz has shown no aversion to angry outbursts or cursing

Last edited:
Sounds to me like Bzz is guilty until proven innocent by many on this board. Rumors and misunderstanding happen all the time in communication. In general, I give people the benefit of the doubt until something is clear. The guy is frustrated by many things which have happened, but who wouldn't be. I have heard a couple of after game responses, but certainly not all.

To another poster's comment, no, I do not think Grobe or Odom would have taken notice of any fan, let alone curse at him. I'm still not convinced this actually happened.

You didn't ask me to conduct an investigation or put him on trial, you said to base it on what I have seen from him.

I have no doubt Bzz said what he was accused of saying. What reason would a Miami fan with no history of posting on the Wake boards have to come to Deacon Sports after their team blows our team out of the water and make something up and then defend it through multiple pages and days of posting?

It could certainly be the case that we don't have the whole story on what the fan said to Bzz.

He's a dbag, bored, and looking for a reaction?

I like this new culture of telling people to "fuck off" when they annoy you. It has my full endorsement.

He's a dbag, bored, and looking for a reaction?

The guy is simply claiming to have baited our coach into cursing. If you don't believe it, don't, but if you don't have any evidence to support your belief, why are you trying to sway others? (not you specifically)

Isn't heckling an opposing coach that is getting blown out and then bitching about it on the opposing team's msg board d-bag behavior? It sort of fits the MO to me.

Isn't heckling an opposing coach that is getting blown out and then bitching about it on the opposing team's msg board d-bag behavior? It sort of fits the MO to me.

Who cares? He has emailed Wellman and if this helps move the needle to firing Buzz then this is a blessing.

Any shit on Buzz is good for the program in the long run.

Bz seems like such a quiet guy- those are the ones you need to look out for. Cause when they snap it ain't pretty.

I like this new culture of telling people to "fuck off" when they annoy you. It has my full endorsement.

This board is partially based on that culture.

How many posters here tell other posters the same thing over much less?

The irony of this thread is amusing.

If Buzz was a good coach I would not believe the Miami fan but since i have zero respect for him and want Buzz himself to fuck off then Miami fans story is the correct one

This board is partially based on that culture.

How many posters here tell other posters the same thing over much less?

The irony of this thread is amusing.

widget_az1dWo-5PmFBPxty3ogTXv.jpg

Back