• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

It's only an issue because the "excuse" for this abortion of a hire was "culture change" and keeping Wake Forest classy.

Everybody knows Gary and K are assholes. They also have Natty titles.

Was no swearing part of our culture change. Never seen that mentioned.

Remember Caldwell did not allow swearing on the team. That worked out well.

guys... Guys... GUYS!

This incident pales in comparison to these clearly undoctored photographs showing Mr. [Redacted] killing innocent baby seals. That is the real cause for anger.

bzseals.jpg

killingseals.jpg

BuzzOUT!

ProtectingBabySealsIN!

Was no swearing part of our culture change. Never seen that mentioned.

Remember Caldwell did not allow swearing on the team. That worked out well.

Yes, the rj method of arguing (see above)...make the argument about something else. For the 2nd time, the issue isn't that he said fuck. The issue is that he let a fan get under his skin and then singled him out and said fuck you rather than doing his job like a damn professional. The man is paid over $80,000 A MONTH to coach basketball. Telling a fan who paid $20 for a ticket to see a game to fuck off for questioning his substitution patterns is something normal people1 take issue with.

--------------------------------------------------
Footnotes:
1. Bzzinners are not necessarily normal people and will defend the indefensible when they realize they are backed into a hole in support of the Bzz.

Last edited:
Question for the people defending Bz' actions here. Do you think Odom, Skip, or Grobe would have done something like that?

I went with the recent coaches people respect the most.

Miami fan saying something like this is hilarious! Granted, If Bzz was known for saying stuff like this, Wake would probably be in top 3 of acc. Being too nice is part of his problem, IMO.

The same people who are arguing that saying 'fuck you' to opposing fans doesn't reflect on 'culture' are the same posters that have been arguing that getting blown out every other game doesn't reflect on our level of success.

The same people who are arguing that saying 'fuck you' to opposing fans doesn't reflect on 'culture' are the same posters that have been arguing that getting blown out every other game doesn't reflect on our level of success.

That's certainly a post that belongs on the thread titled "This thread is about context." :thumbsup:

Question for the people defending Bz' actions here. Do you think Odom, Skip, or Grobe would have done something like that?

One of the main differences is that none of them had seasons this bad (which does not absolve Buzz of anything). They each got short tempered with fans and players during their careers but handled it differently due to circumstances and personalities. Things like this can't be compared in a vacuum.

Honest question: Were Buzz to start quoting Shakespeare, Churchill, Paine and Voltaire during interviews, would anyone think it was awesome like we did with Skip or would it come across as a pseudo-intellectual who was trying to be pompous?

Depended on his delivery.

People form their opinions of others mainly based on how they say something instead of what they actually say.

I think you're missing the point. It's not okay for a coach to curse at fans regardless of his personality and regardless of his level of success.

Not quite HP. I don't think that a coach should curse at a fan but I also don't see it as such a big deal. I also admit to being of the opinion that inflection and intention matter just as much as the word. Is a rage filled "dang" any less a curse word than a muttered "damn?"

My guess is that something similar to what was reported actually happened. The Miami fan was probably being a douche bag (that is almost a given), buzz probably turned and looked at him and may have even said something. Then the Miami fan decided to embellish the story a bit to make it what was posted on scout. Or, it could have happened just like he said.

I doubt that it is completely made up, but I also kind of doubt it is 100% true.

If bz even acknowledged the opposing fan I think it was out of line though. He should focus on coaching the game, not what some retard Miami fan is yelling.

I doubt that it is completely made up, but I also kind of doubt it is 100% true.

I have no doubt Bzz said what he was accused of saying. What reason would a Miami fan with no history of posting on the Wake boards have to come to Deacon Sports after their team blows our team out of the water and make something up and then defend it through multiple pages and days of posting?

It could certainly be the case that we don't have the whole story on what the fan said to Bzz.

Not quite HP. I don't think that a coach should curse at a fan but I also don't see it as such a big deal. I also admit to being of the opinion that inflection and intention matter just as much as the word. Is a rage filled "dang" any less a curse word than a muttered "damn?"

I agree that it's not a huge deal. But it is a behavior that deserves correcting, assuming it actually happened.

I agree that it's not a huge deal. But it is a behavior that deserves correcting, assuming it actually happened.

Completely agree with that. What I disagree with, are the posters who say that this will help push Buzz out. If monumental losses to embarrassingly bad opponents doesn't do it, saying one curse word to a fan won't jeopardize him in the least.

Back