• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miami Fan Encounter with Bz - W-S Journal Article

At the very least we have something interest we can ask [Redacted] about on this week's call-in show.

From Deacon Sports:

"When the Canes were up by about 15 with 5 minutes or so left, I started heckling [Redacted] about his futile substitutions. He turns around looks directly at me, points his finger at me and says "Fu*k You." The people sitting around me couldn't believe what he did. My jaw dropped.

Note: I wasn't heckling any of the Wake players, certainly not using profanity or saying anything of a personal nature. And this millionaire grown man is so thin skinned about his coaching ability that he turns around and curses at a fan. What a horrible role model for young men. Thinking about contacting Wake Forest to inform them of my experience.

Does he have a reputation as a hothead? I can't imagine a verteran basketball coach not being able to just ignore heckling."

#culture

While it's shocking that Buzz did this, what a f-ing tool this Miami dude must be. "Let me see - let's go to a game, sit close enough to Wake's bench so everyone on the floor can hear me, and see what I can do to make the guy lose it." Then, he loses it. People, especially those from Miami, are suck dicks.

While it's shocking that Buzz did this, what a f-ing tool this Miami dude must be. "Let me see - let's go to a game, sit close enough to Wake's bench so everyone on the floor can hear me, and see what I can do to make the guy lose it." Then, he loses it. People, especially those from Miami, are suck dicks.

Yup. Non-story. I've attempted to get a rise out of players/coaches and on the rare occasion when I get a response, consider it a great success.

Soooo... I should sit near the Wake bench this weekend and heckle Buzz with a video camera in hand?

I guarantee I could get a response from him without ever using a cuss word. #creativity

Also, it is hilarious to me that Chrispy probably edited about 50-65%% of the posts on that thread.

God forbid people be allowed to actually express their opinion without some other dude censoring them. Facepalm

Also, it is hilarious to me that Chrispy probably edited about 50-65%% of the posts on that thread.

God forbid people be allowed to actually express their opinion without some other dude censoring them. Facepalm

To be fair to Chrispy, he was editing the first post in every subsequent one (I think). Not sure what was edited from the first but that is the only one that could be labelled as censoring (if it even happened).

As Nonny points out, the guy has 15,000 posts on the Miami Scout board and really no reason to lie about Wake. The guy probably is a dick, but the story seems legit.

Since we're evaluating the merits of the Miami poster here, it's probably worth mentioning that, just a few posts after Nonny's, some other Miami fan apparently PM'd jason to say that the original poster was a colossal douchebag.

Not true. No such thing as a Miami basketball fan.

I wouldn't really have a problem with this, even if it was true.

If it is true, way to go Bzzzz for trolling the troll.

Since we're evaluating the merits of the Miami poster here, it's probably worth mentioning that, just a few posts after Nonny's, some other Miami fan apparently PM'd jason to say that the original poster was a colossal douchebag.

I don't think anyone every questioned that. A guy that was with him posted a pic from their seats too.

If it gets Bzz fired sooner...then sure, whatever, it's an awful thing to do.

Of course there are plenty of reasons he's not the right coach for us. This is not one of them.

This event doesn't really change my opinion of him (if true). I've always thought he seemed like he's an ass and doesn't know how to handle the public. If he did say it, it is horribly embarrassing for a coach to do. I'd hope he would get fined at least for it. The NFL and NBA have suspended or fined coaches for similar actions.

As much as I want him fired, I would not fire him for this alone but it would definitely be another negative on the evaluation scale of positives and negatives. Not helping his cause here if true.

I really hope it's not true though, regardless of how much I want him fired.

I am Definitely on the Buzzout side of things, but its about time the guy showed some fire. Even in poor taste, I wish he would amp it up a notch and fight for his team, like he wanted to fight the Miami fan.

Its funny to say those words together, "Miami Basketball Fan".

Those of you who are defending Bzz's alleged actions, would you feel the same if it were Coach K or Roy who did this?

Those of you who are defending Bzz's alleged actions, would you feel the same if it were Coach K or Roy who did this?

:stupid:

Fighting for the team, working the refs, etc is one thing. Turning around and yelling at a fan is something all together different. Moves him well up the douche scale with guys like Roy.

Not sure how cursing out a fan is supposed to be that fire you are looking for. Cursing out a fan is probably one of the weakest moves you can make. Not being stable and confident enough in your abilities to control your emotions at a fan is a clear sign of weakness.

However, though, our opinions really do not matter here. Looking at this from a view of if you like it or don't is pretty irrelevant as everyone has their own personal views on coach conduct. What does matter is how this jives in with everything else we're being sold.

With culture change being the foremost selling point for this transition, how does this fit in with everything? If this were to have gone public, and Wellman no longer had the ability to sell us [Redacted] as being the man to bring us this new culture change, what does Wellman really have?

Back