• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Dorn: WFU Has No Football Culture

Their excuses and baby blue tears are glorious. From whining about our oline's "excessive holding" to us not having a worthy football culture and so many more excuses in between. Like previously said, the cheats have been undefeated since the dawn of time and forever will be due to external circumstances out of their control. It's not their fault that they haven't won a conference championship since 1980, nor is it their fault that they struggle consistently with teams in the state of North Carolina. Anyways, GTHCGTH!

I get the UNC hatred - well, no, I don't really get it, it's super over the top and weird - but we should be rooting for them to win games they're supposed to and boost our SOS. It makes our win over them look worse if they turn around and lose to App St.

I mean, dude made a stupid comment that exposed a total lack of self awareness.
He's a kid and kids say stupid things.
We've acknowledged the dumbass comment, let's move on. It's kind of a LOWF move to belabor a stupid statement made by a kid after we won.
UNC fans are the worst, App fans are not far behind.
I didn't have a problem with App until they started to get too big for their *OVERALLS* with claims that they are the best football team in state (even when they were 1-AA), but someone will lose the UNC/App game and i'll be happy about that :) because the losers are going to be really upset, be it App or UNC

FIFY

I get the UNC hatred - well, no, I don't really get it, it's super over the top and weird - but we should be rooting for them to win games they're supposed to and boost our SOS. It makes our win over them look worse if they turn around and lose to App St.

Do you...get sports?

It is unfortunate that college football rules don't allow ties.

Don't know how far back your Wake fandom goes, but for those of a certain generation (and a few prior to that) the words "tie" and "App State" in combination have a very negative connotation.

Ridiculous

LOL, we play in the ACC and we're not going to the playoff. Don't worry about our SOS. Have you seen the teams on the rest of our schedule and who they've lost too ?

The only thing that's going to give our SOS any real boost is if Utah State beats LSU and runs the table in the Mountain West.

LOL, we play in the ACC and we're not going to the playoff. Don't worry about our SOS. Have you seen the teams on the rest of our schedule and who they've lost too ?

The only thing that's going to give our SOS any real boost is if Utah State beats LSU and runs the table in the Mountain West.

Plus the trajectory of our program will benefit more from UNC not re-emerging for recruiting reason.

Don't know how far back your Wake fandom goes, but for those of a certain generation (and a few prior to that) the words "tie" and "App State" in combination have a very negative connotation.

I know that very well. I was there.

That is partly why I wrote what I did. With a tie, neither fanbase would go home happy.

I know that very well. I was there.

That is partly why I wrote what I did. With a tie, neither fanbase would go home happy.

beamer.0.0.jpeg

You rang?

Back