• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Dorn: WFU Has No Football Culture

If they beat Clemson, they will never shut up about it. Our win will be an aberration. Then if we get smacked in Death Valley, it will be even worse dealing with 'hole fans.
No set of events will ever make it easier so got to pull for defeat of Clemson by the lesser nemesis UNCCH

Looks like UNC had a hard time getting motivated for a game vs this culture-less football program as well.

If only UNC could find an opponent worthy enough...a catalyst for motivation.

They were so deflated from their national title chance getting stolen against Wake - they had a carry-over against App. Will probably cost them another 4-5 games this season. It's just not fair.

Mack Brown’s post-game press conference, App State:

ARE YOU CONCERNED ABOUT A SNOWBALLING EFFECT AND STRINGING TOGETHER LOSSES?
"No, we're probably lucky that we're playing the best team in the country because that'll pick our kids up, and they'll know the challenge...”

Because they aren’t motivated to play teams who aren’t #1 in the country?

I guess Dorn was just parroting what his coach said. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard a coach try to motivate his team like this.

I’d also like to point out- these UNC clowns have been talking about the Clemson game for weeks, like they’re the only team in the world brave enough to play them.

We play Clemson every single year. It’s not a big deal.

The funniest thing about all this is it’s pretty clear Wake and App would wipe the floor with Miami and SC.

The funniest thing about all this is it’s pretty clear Wake and App would wipe the floor with Miami and SC.

That’s the whole thing though. I’m not sure why it was so inconceivable to everyone that Miami and South Carolina weren’t as good as their preseason hype. That’s like a tale as old as time.

With UNC's losses the past two weeks they have now lost 9 straight games to instate FBS opponents. They have never played Charlotte but have lost their last matchup with the other five FBS teams in the state.

With UNC's losses the past two weeks they have now lost 9 straight games to instate FBS opponents. They have never played Charlotte but have lost their last matchup with the other five FBS teams in the state.

despite getting far better press than any other NC school, their failure is exemplary

That’s a great stat.
I’ll remember that one in case I hear any holes talking about their in state dominance.

That’s what I’ve been saying. The only reason these UNC players would’ve come into our game and even their game vs. App taking it lightly is because Mack is living in the world that existed the first time he was at UNC. I think he preached to them that they were mighty UNC big state school against LOWF and schools like UNC don’t lose to schools like Wake like back in the good old days. Heck for most of the current UNC players lives Wake has at least been UNC’s equal in football. No reason for them to have come into our game with them thinking it was going to be an easy win or tune up unless that tone was set by their coach.

That’s what I’ve been saying. The only reason these UNC players would’ve come into our game and even their game vs. App taking it lightly is because Mack is living in the world that existed the first time he was at UNC. I think he preached to them that they were mighty UNC big state school against LOWF and schools like UNC don’t lose to schools like Wake like back in the good old days. Heck for most of the current UNC players lives Wake has at least been UNC’s equal in football. No reason for them to have come into our game with them thinking it was going to be an easy win or tune up unless that tone was set by their coach.

They didn’t take WF lightly. The argument that they did is an old fashioned excuse to undermine the quality of the win.

They didn’t take WF lightly. The argument that they did is an old fashioned excuse to undermine the quality of the win.

Apparently Mack said yesterday after the game that teams like Wake and App don’t think they can win so you have to jump on them early and create more doubt. Mack is living in the past.

I don't get it. UNC hasn't been relevant in college football, basically since I've been watching college football. Where does this ego come from? Duke and Wake have been more relevant more recently. To say that you "should never lose to team X" says that you expect your program to improve in a vacuum where other programs stay still or deprecate, while ignoring the cyclical nature of program development. They're not able to see that Wake and App might actually be good programs now? What basis do UNC fans have for expecting to be world beaters, other than being stupid?

Apparently Mack said yesterday after the game that teams like Wake and App don’t think they can win so you have to jump on them early and create more doubt. Mack is living in the past.

I've seen two people say this now but I can't find the quote. Anyone have a link?

What's inherent in this is that Mack is saying he failed as a coach getting his team prepared for games.

I don’t think Mack said that. I think he was just misquoted by someone on the Facebook page.

Back