• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Dorn: WFU Has No Football Culture

Plus the trajectory of our program will benefit more from UNC not re-emerging for recruiting reason.

No offense to anyone but how is this not 1,000% obvious to any Wake fan.

We never, ever want Carolina to be good. We are Deacons.

Clawson was on the SiriusXM ACC show this afternoon. Had a lot of praise for Howell and his competitiveness. Says we will be facing one of the best quarterbacks in the league in a couple of years in Chapel Hill.

We need to go ahead and circle the date on that one. Hopefully Hartman will be our quarterback that night.

Should be a redshirt junior Hartman vs true junior Howell.

Yep. Already sounds like good matchup with Hartman throwing to NC natives Green and Groulx.

With true junior Walker in the backfield. Plenty of juniors and seniors on the line. I like our chances.

I think we see Sam Howell regress dramatically as the season wears on. Similar to how Sam Hartman’s season went for us last year. You see true freshman come out balls to the wall to start off all the time and they rarely can keep it going for an entire season.

I get the UNC hatred - well, no, I don't really get it, it's super over the top and weird - but we should be rooting for them to win games they're supposed to and boost our SOS. It makes our win over them look worse if they turn around and lose to App St.
“Over the top” but not at all weird for these reasons:
1. Brown disingenuously claims his two WakeyLeak hires reflect high integrity.
2. UNCCH got away with the biggest athletic fraud of all time—-fake classes for athletes thus eliminating any need to change their grades to maintain eligibility which is patently an NCAA infraction.
3. Reflecting a pervasive and predictable superiority complex made worse by their escaping NCAA penalties for athletic fraud, Miles Dorn, son of 80s RB Torin Dorn, says WF has no football culture and did not generate sufficient interest to merit UNCCH’s focus. Such statements were correctly predicted pre-game.
4. Recruiting by Clawson & Co. in N.C. will not benefit from a successful UNCCH which is fairly obvious based on recent in state recruiting successes while UNCCH has been on a worse losing streak than normal.

Clawson was on the SiriusXM ACC show this afternoon. Had a lot of praise for Howell and his competitiveness. Says we will be facing one of the best quarterbacks in the league in a couple of years in Chapel Hill.

We need to go ahead and circle the date on that one. Hopefully Hartman will be our quarterback that night.

And hopefully his current head coach is on our sideline to witness it.

I think we see Sam Howell regress dramatically as the season wears on. Similar to how Sam Hartman’s season went for us last year. You see true freshman come out balls to the wall to start off all the time and they rarely can keep it going for an entire season.

Yeah, same thing happened with Trevor Lawrence last year.

If UGA played a team of players all from the Charlotte southern suburbs, who would Biff root for?

The Dawgs, unless it was Wake. But it would probably be UNC-CH, so the Dawgs. Same as you.

Are we seriously putting Sam Howell in the same conversation as Fromm and Lawrence? Literally the most talented true freshman QB’s in the history of college football.

Are we seriously putting Sam Howell in the same conversation as Fromm and Lawrence? Literally the most talented true freshman QB’s in the history of college football.

Biff spends his Friday nights sitting alone, with binoculars, in various Charlotte area HS football stadiums cheering on the local 4 star recruits, and ogling underage girls. Hell, he's been scouting Howell since middle school.

We should see how he holds up against App State some ACC Coastal defenses first I guess.

Biff is. Others are comparing him to Hartman.

I do think it may be getting easier for QBs to transition from HS to college. It seems like the offenses are becoming more similar. Same with college and NFL.

Biff spends his Friday nights sitting alone, with binoculars, in various Charlotte area HS football stadiums cheering on the local 4 star recruits, and ogling underage girls. Hell, he's been scouting Howell since middle school.

Lol. I've been to one HS football game in the past 25 years and I was there because my daughter was, thank you.

Lol. I've been to one HS football game in the past 25 years and I was there because my daughter was, thank you.

giphy.gif

Back