• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton

[Redacted]'s 2012 large class was not awful. CMM, DT, Cav, and to perhaps a lesser extent, Moto, could all play in the ACC.

Songaila was definitely a mangler, thought Nikita earned that moniker as well from posters.

eta: looks like i was mistaken, only for Darius

Last edited:
It's amazing what I've pushed out of my mind about the [] era. I'd forgotten about just about all of the shitty players mentioned and I can still remember lineups at least 8 men deep for most (if not all) of the rosters from '01 (my freshman year) until Dino Gotta-go's last year. I guess after []'s first year I just pretty much quite watching ACC basketball, save for a few games a year, until last year.

Lol, I just Googled Fields. His LinkedIn is hilarious.

"Anthony always had a desire for business and communications. He spent one year at Wake Forest University, making academic history, as they are one of the top academic institutions in America. He ended up transferring to Bradley University a year later, for their highly ranked communication and basketball programs."

Academic history, y'all.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-fields-73b02ba5

I too have always had a desire for business.

I don't remember that Nikita dude. When did he play?

Dashmal Shitz was awful. Bobby Fitzgibbons broke Laettner's HS records and then set suck records at Wake.

While at Wake Cav had a face for radio, but they must have good accutane at GW.

Moot and Cav were not ACC caliber players.

And unfortunately the other two were major headcases (in their own unique ways) who really didn't get the leadership they needed to be successful. They could have been good, but not great, under an actual coach IMO.

Not while he was here.

Cav was given too much responsibility too soon. He needed time to develop and he would have been a fine ACC player, but our team sucked and our coach was awful and therefore Cav was thrust into a difficult position too early.

Cav wasn't an ACC level player as a freshman, but he started to play well as a sophomore:

From February 15 to the end of the season, Cav had:

14 and 7 against FSU
15 against UNC
12 against Clemson
8 and 5 against BC
20 and 6 in a win over Duke
8 against Miami

He was either the 3rd or 4th most productive player on a team that went 17-16 (7-13 ACC).

If we had a fifth year senior Cav right now we'd be better off than we are with Dinos. I doubt Manning would have redshirted him though and given him that off year he needed to get stronger.

Cav wasn't an ACC level player as a freshman, but he started to play well as a sophomore:

From February 15 to the end of the season, Cav had:

14 and 7 against FSU
15 against UNC
12 against Clemson
8 and 5 against BC
20 and 6 in a win over Duke
8 against Miami

He was either the 3rd or 4th most productive player on a team that went 17-16 (7-13 ACC).

Correct. He made a lot of improvement moving towards his sophomore year. That's what you want players to do.

He put the team on his back down the stretch in that Duke upset.

It's amazing what I've pushed out of my mind about the [] era. I'd forgotten about just about all of the shitty players mentioned and I can still remember lineups at least 8 men deep for most (if not all) of the rosters from '01 (my freshman year) until Dino Gotta-go's last year. I guess after []'s first year I just pretty much quite watching ACC basketball, save for a few games a year, until last year.

To be fair, it seemed like every single year we'd have a pack of players leave. It was hard to get to know guys other than CJ Harris, McKie, etc.

Back