• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Miles Overton

Cav definitely had better acne although Dinos has the better nose

Apropos of nothing, I believe Fields and Cav were the last 2 basketball players for Wake to make all academic ACC.

Cavanaugh is a decent fit in the A-10, though he still struggles against more athletic post players. He still doesn't have the athleticism to compete every night in the ACC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Against common opponents this year:

Cav had:
8/6 against FSU
13/5 against Miami
22/7 against Richmond

Dinos with
5/7 against FSU
5/4 against Miami
11/8 against Richmond

Dinos scored 10 against NCSU but otherwise hasn't been in double digits in the last five games.

I'm sure Kenpom can settle this.

I have absolutely no recollection of Cav scoring 20 in a win against Duke. I really blocked out everything about those dark times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was [Redacted]'s opus

Have really enjoyed all of these comments, and glad I posted the teaser re. Miles. Hope we can all agree that Danny Manning has upgraded the talent level significantly over the past 3 years.

I remember watching the Carl Tacy show and he was describing the incoming freshman recruits...good offense, can shoot, handle the ball, etc... singing their praises. Then he came to the last one... I think it was Al Davis (sure about the last name not so much about the first). Tacy simply said, he is a good defender which I immediately interpreted as he couldn't shoot. He couldn't.

As I recall, he was a good friend of Larry Harrison, the prized center recruit of the class. I believe he played 8 minutes total on the 75-76 team and got in 3 games and a total of 8 minutes on the 76-77 team. I think he had 4 points total during that span (sadly, on par with some of our freshman this year)

However, he will always hold a special place in the annals of Wake Forest basketball history for one single act - during the ACC tournament he sat on the bench reading War and Peace! It was hysterical

Again, people are way overrating Cav's time at GW. There's a reason mediocre players transfer from ACC schools to mid majors.
Cavanaugh is long gone from WFU, and people's opinions of whether he was an ACC level player or not mean absolutely nothing. He does have an NIT Championship along with the MVP award while at GWU, and I'm sure he would never trade them for the fine 2-16 ACC record Manning's boys put up last year.

Cavanaugh looking more than mediocre today versus Richmond and TJ Kline. Scored GW's first 9 points.

Back