• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Millenials have no idea about such things...

millennials didn't have play dates?

Who do you think decided that we, as children, were going to have play dates? Certainly not us.

I think the issue that most older generations have with millennials' water consumption is not the amount, but rather the packaging. The individual bottles, the nalgene bottles, camelbacks, etc. You know what works for water? A faucet and a glass.

That's why I always carry a water glass in my backpack! Perfect for that on-the-go sup.

I think the issue that most older generations have with millennials' water consumption is not the amount, but rather the packaging. The individual bottles, the nalgene bottles, camelbacks, etc. You know what works for water? A faucet and a glass.

What is the benefit of a glass over a bottle?

Portability, classiness, environmentally friendly, can be used as a weapon in the case of attack.

My nalgene can check all of those boxes, with the exception of probably classiness, but my bottle is more portable.

i don't think 2&2 was advocating carrying a glass. he shouldn't have said nalgene/metal bottles.

i think the sentiment is "we have water that's safe to drink all the time; stop buying bottled water"

i don't think 2&2 was advocating carrying a glass. he shouldn't have said nalgene/metal bottles.

i think the sentiment is "we have water that's safe to drink all the time; stop buying bottled water"

Yes, that's true. But the second part is "stop carrying water around, you aren't going to drop dead from dehydration. Pretty sure wherever you are going has a sink and you can figure out how to turn your head sideways".

i mean, i lived outside of town so If i wanted to play with friends I had to get my mom to drive me over there and vice versa...does that count? Neither myself nor my sister had arranged "play dates" unless you count moms wanting to hang out and tire out their kids.

i think that "play dates" as some kind of social networking thing is for the wealthy or something

You defined "play date".

i mean, i lived outside of town so If i wanted to play with friends I had to get my mom to drive me over there and vice versa...does that count? Neither myself nor my sister had arranged "play dates" unless you count moms wanting to hang out and tire out their kids.

i think that "play dates" as some kind of social networking thing is for the wealthy or something

a play date is any time an adult makes a plan (aka date) for their kid to hang out with another kid. certainly a side benefit might be that the parents hang out as well.

Yeah. You're definitely right that it has a social networking for the wealthy connotation to it, though.

I went to a 1st birthday party for my wife's coworker's kid in a very well-to-do part of Tampa and it was enlightening. The party looked like Pinterest threw up and the moms of 1-2 year olds were way hotter than you'd expect considering they just had kids.

Yeah. You're definitely right that it has a social networking for the wealthy connotation to it, though.

I went to a 1st birthday party for my wife's coworker's kid in a very well-to-do part of Tampa and it was enlightening. The party looked like Pinterest threw up and the moms of 1-2 year olds were way hotter than you'd expect considering they just had kids.

social networking sure but i guess i don't quite get the wealthy connotation. the only ones i have been to have just been an opportunity to get their kids out of the house or be around other adults. usually kids friends you like. i guess lower middle class or blue color don't use the phrase "play date?" never been to a networking opportunity play date. that would be interesting.

yeah, the carrying around of massive amounts of water. Huge containers of water with them at all times. Its not about hydration, we are not living in a desert. It's about convenience and instant gratification.

and it looks douchy as fuck, and it annoys people you are with because your hands are full with that and your phone and your keys and all your crap. ;)

Last edited:
yeah, the carrying around of massive amounts of water. Huge containers of water with them at all times. Its not about hydration, we are not living in a desert. It's about convenience and instant gratification.

how-dare-you.gif

How do we feel about people carrying around cups of coffee? Is there a volume limit?

Last edited:
not sure any response in this thread counts as "getting worked up over"

and it looks douchy as fuck, and it annoys people you are with because your hands are full with that and your phone and your keys and all your crap. ;)

oh dont get me started on the coffee. That shit millennial buy for $3+ isn't a cup of coffee, its a coffee drink. If high schoolers like it, it ain't coffee.

A cup of coffee costs less than a dollar or is free. A really nice espresso is consumed after a nice meal with your dessert, and drip coffee after dinner contains liquor. ;)

when i used to go to starbucks it certainly wasnt the millinnials ordering the orange mocha frappuccinos.

when i used to go to starbucks it certainly wasnt the millinnials ordering the orange mocha frappuccinos.

market research would suggest it's the over 40 crowd who drink flavored coffees and drinks

younger crowd want regular coffee or coffee + espresso, the flavored shit has too many calories even for the girliest high school girls who might like the taste

but keep the rants coming, wakeandbake

oh dont get me started on the coffee. That shit millennial buy for $3+ isn't a cup of coffee, its a coffee drink. If high schoolers like it, it ain't coffee.

A cup of coffee costs less than a dollar or is free. A really nice espresso is consumed after a nice meal with your dessert, and drip coffee after dinner contains liquor. ;)

grumpy-old-man-o-1068c6e4c8051cfd4e9ea8072e3189e2.gif

Back