• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MLS Playoffs Thread

Soooo, this is bad:

Grant Wahl ‏@GrantWahl
Bernárdez leaving for SJ feels same as Cherundolo leaving for US in 2011 Gold Cup final. Opara=Bornstein.

Also, whew, got back tonight and checked the Dynamo score. Huzzah! Victory, or something like that. I'll never understand why teams up 2-0 decide to just park the bus. We're a fine possession team when we want to be, pressing high and swinging the ball around the midfield. Silly Dom. Whatever works, I guess.

Landon Donovan has looked excellent, he just loves trolling people, dude still has it, and a lot of it.

I know I don't follow the MLS that closely, but the team that Seattle is fielding tonight appears to be LOL bad

Really, really happy that Houston set an attendance record today with sellout crowd of 22,101. Toward the end of the season barely anyone was showing up (lots of crowds of about 11k). I guess some of it was because of the Houston Texans, and some because of boredom (the season is long).

Nice to know that people still buy tickets for the games that count.

Galaxy seemed to have just coasted into the playoffs before turning things up a notch. Seattle was missing a couple important players, but LA was just picking them apart in the 2nd half. Seattle looked like they showed up for a goalless draw.

I'm really not interested in another Houston - LA final, but it looks pretty much a lock that it will happen. Injuries and suspensions decimated DC.

How did Donovan look tonight? Assuming he played, I've been away from the computer all night and couldn't keep up.

Donovan was involved up top. Wouldn't say he was amazing, but he played well, including a very nice chipped cross(which I'm pretty sure came from an offside ball). Robbie Keane made most things happen tonight. A couple great through balls and a brace. Donovan did seem to pull his labia in the 2nd half though and was subbed out. He must not have been aware that Klinsmann isn't calling MLS playoffs participants.

Galaxy seemed to have just coasted into the playoffs before turning things up a notch. Seattle was missing a couple important players, but LA was just picking them apart in the 2nd half. Seattle looked like they showed up for a goalless draw.

I'm really not interested in another Houston - LA final, but it looks pretty much a lock that it will happen. Injuries and suspensions decimated DC.

I know the world isn't interested in another LA-HOU matchup, but what a run from Dom Kinnear if it happens. Without LA style spending, that dude will have 4 MLS cup appearances in 7 years.

So hats off to that, I guess. I know the world will be bored with an LA-HOU matchup though.

Back