• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Modified ABC Mafia - Day 6 ends at 12:00:59pm

So your argument is that you won't play because if you do everyone will think you're mafia? Lol

And that is somehow our fault?

Why would I play a style that will get me lynched? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. At least I realize it.

Going fly fishing tomorrow for the first time I'm pumped. Got a big time trump supporter taking me so it's gonna be great

Gonna be honest, I vote romanov day 1 every game because i legit hate poetry. It has spurred so many bad plays, there are some good ones, that end up being amazing, but, i would rather tony gwynn than chris carter. Or khris davis. Or rob deer. Or adam dunn. Or kyle schwarber.

Why would I play a style that will get me lynched? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. At least I realize it.

That's completely fair. Change it up next time you're vanilla. Maybe you get lynched for it day 1. But it's 1 game and we realize you're playing for real and not lurking. I have nothing against you personally I just hate lurkers that vote for me that only vote me for calling them out for it

Gouda is just.a stupid fucking baboon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's completely fair. Change it up next time you're vanilla. Maybe you get lynched for it day 1. But it's 1 game and we realize you're playing for real and not lurking. I have nothing against you personally I just hate lurkers that vote for me that only vote me for calling them out for it

Maybe Day 2. Day 1 sucks.

Went to a birthday dinner with friends and one guy brought his new girlfriend and she is the worst. Quite a few immediate faux pas.

1) She orders champagne for everyone and tells the birthday girl "I couldn't help it, I had to get you some champagne for your birthday! And don't worry I'm not a bitch, it's real champagne, I would never order just bubbles and call it champagne." (The real bad part about this comes later)

2) We order 2 fancy salad appetizers and ask around if anyone is vegetarian. She explains she is. When the salad gets passed around she looks at it and goes, "oh no thanks, I'm good."

3) The checks all come and we start to all pay as everyone is anxious to get to the next bar. Her and her boyfriend demand we wait until dessert before doing the checks as they proceed to order a dessert special with a candle for the birthday girl, and ensure she knows they "secretly" arranged it with the waitress.

Here's the cherry on top for me. Checks all come and we all put in credit cards to split the bill and cover the birthday girl's meal. Everyone passes the dish around and puts in a credit card except for her, I guess just expecting her bf would pay, not taking into account how the dividing up would work. And on top of that, she made absolutely no effort to pay for the champagne (or far less important the dessert).

Shitty people are shitty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gonna be honest, I vote romanov day 1 every game because i legit hate poetry. It has spurred so many bad plays, there are some good ones, that end up being amazing, but, i would rather tony gwynn than chris carter. Or khris davis. Or rob deer. Or adam dunn. Or kyle schwarber.

I havent noticed

PH Dear Friend,

There was a time when I was THE day 1 lynch candidate, moreso than anyone currently is right now. I changed my game by posting less to get off that block. It worked for a while but then I got lynched for being quiet. I changed it again, posting more or less as i do today (albeit with more "poetry") and people thought, "oh look he is posting a lot, he must be mafia" and i was lynched a lot again. I stuck with it though, as this style is most naturally e-me, and eventually I flipped civ enough times that people backed off and started giving me the benefit of the doubt.

There is an adjustment curve to mafia; everytime it is initially pushed "forward" on a micro scale, as in an individual's locquacity, or macro scale, as with poetry, it takes time for thr community to adjust. Its why poetry was so effective for a while but now it is not- the community adjusted- and you see manning get canned for attempting to cleanup a bad claim with a poetic retraction. That used to maybe work. It is the best players who see these adjustment curves for what they are, and get ahead of them.

People will adjust to you posting more and not lynch you for it. You just have to work through more than one game in a row where it happens. I thought you played a good game this game. Civs did not post a lot. The loss is on them. Congrats on winning it for your team.

I like Ph. I do wish he would post more. But I also see how he doesn't have incentive to do that. When he posts more we tend to immediately lynch him

Have to take the early lynch as a civ a few times. That's the only way to do a rep change. That said I think he prefers being quiet.

I'm hurting drank almost an entire bottle of Woodford from 4pm to 3am Last night

Have to take the early lynch as a civ a few times. That's the only way to do a rep change. That said I think he prefers being quiet.

I prefer to say something when there's something to be said.

Back