• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moral Monday

dammit those jokes were just ok

the others on this thread were pretty sweet

i care about the nc general assembly because i'm hoping someday it will become a habitable state again

dammit those jokes were just ok

the others on this thread were pretty sweet

i care about the nc general assembly because i'm hoping someday it will become a habitable state again

Yes, I miss the days of Bev Perdue, the Easleys and Mark Basnight. Wait, nobody misses those days. At least, nobody who votes and/or pays taxes.

yep good thing we have such standup folks as richard burr and virginia foxx holding down the fort now

yep good thing we have such standup folks as richard burr and virginia foxx holding down the fort now

You lapsed back into "we" again, but I'll play.

Mike Easley appointed Mike Nifong. Your move.

i'm gonna use my move to go to sleep

I'm split on the Moral Monday crowd. On one head, yeah, the legislature often leaves something to be desired. On the other hand, you lost the election. Get over it and regroup for 2014 and beyond. Ultimately though, I love a little civil disobedience, so more power to them.

The legislature represents and effects the whole state, not just the half of the half of the state citizens that voted for them. All of the damage being done now wont just magically fix itself when Dems take back control someday.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
look at these ASSHOLES amirite jhmd?

1004456_10101384703415078_494527499_n.jpg

look at these ASSHOLES amirite jhmd?

Women, and the rest of us, decided for ourselves. These people's candidates did not do well in that decision-making process. They mad bro, but not in possession of any popular ideas.

Women, and the rest of us, decided for ourselves. These people's candidates did not do well in that decision-making process. They mad bro, but not in possession of any popular ideas.

Congratulations, you learned how to gerrymander. Rather than deflecting to your perceived lack of ideas possessed by the opposing side, would say that you are in lockstep with the current legislature's decisions?

Congratulations, you learned how to gerrymander. Rather than deflecting to your perceived lack of ideas possessed by the opposing side, would say that you are in lockstep with the current legislature's decisions?

The entire State, in case of the Governor's race. Awfully impressive to gerrymander the entire state into one big megadistrict and win it by 500,000 votes, isn't it? Get a new excuse, or better yet, policies that voters would like.

i love the "trust women to decide for themselves" sign. did i miss something, can women not vote in NC elections?

i love the "trust women to decide for themselves" sign. did i miss something, can women not vote in NC elections?

Yeah, they make up a majority of North Carolina voters. A majority of North Carolina voters....seems like I've heard that phrase somewhere before....:cam:

The entire State, in case of the Governor's race. Awfully impressive to gerrymander the entire state into one big megadistrict and win it by 500,000 votes, isn't it? Get a new excuse, or better yet, policies that voters would like.

What about the other races? I've mentioned before where the GOP controls 69% of the US House seats from NC despite the fact they received LESS THAN HALF of the votes.

In NC Senate races, the GOP won 52.89% of the vote, yet controls 66% of the state Senate.

I haven't had the time to work on the NC House numbers.

What about the other races? I've mentioned before where the GOP controls 69% of the US House seats from NC despite the fact they received LESS THAN HALF of the votes.

In NC Senate races, the GOP won 52.89% of the vote, yet controls 66% of the state Senate.

I haven't had the time to work on the NC House numbers.

You're persisting in this gerrymandering bit, when they lost the most important Statewide race by 500k votes? Dude, you lost by an entire Greensboro.

Back