• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Candies (Somewhat Political)

Caramel and Hazelnut M&Ms are pretty elite.

Somehow I had never had the Russell Stover chocolate eggs until I bought a bunch after Easter this year like B1G5 free at Walgreens while picking up a prescription. They are pretty damn incredible. Coconut Cream, Caramel Marshmallow, Maple Cream, Pecan Delight.

Adding anything Russell Stover to the Mount Rushmore of candies belongs on this thread:

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/19648-Unpopular-opinions

1) Reese's Cups
2) Reese's Pieces
3) Peanut Butter M&M's
4A/4B) Twix/Snickers

Reese’s Cup definitely takes the peanut butter slot but god damn do I love a Nutrageous bar. Been years since I had one but they are >>> Snickers but y’all aren’t ready for that conversation.

Solid list but I'd sub Now and Laters instead of Starburst and maybe add double bubble gum.

Skittles aren’t gross but you get taste fatigue real quick with them and they all taste the same citric acidy taste after that. Not a good quality for a mt Rushmore candy.

Also any of us dads need to have Mounds/Almond Joy on there somewhere

My kids do not like Mounds/Almond Joy, I usually get a decent amount of them around Halloween.

whatchamacallit is a very underrated candy bar

I used to love these, but years ago I got violently ill not long after eating one (not related) and my mind never really got past that similarity yet inherent wrongness of a Whatchamacalit taste the second time around.

I have to give a shout-out to Toblerone. I have a little bro through the BBBS program and when we first got linked up he was like 8. The first thing he did was hand me a Toblerone bar and said verbatim "did you know this is the candy of King's and Gods"?...

I knew we were meant to be at that moment.

Yeah it's a difficult task to digest a now and later. Never understood the love for the real hard chewy type candies.

people who like sour patch kids are masochists

I'm a big fan of any sour gummy candy and jelly beans. when I was a kid there was a bulk candy store in the mall that had a huge variety of gummy candy and Jelly Belly flavors. I would load the fuck up whenever I went.

Where do we stand on Swedish Fish? Because I've got a lot of thoughts.

Where do we stand on Swedish Fish? Because I've got a lot of thoughts.

This brings me back to the original candy store at Hanes Mall... Used to load up on swedish fish and the coke gummies back in th day. nothing was better than walking out of there with a 3lb bag of candy.

Back