• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Candies (Somewhat Political)

I used to be a big Jawbreaker guy...Mainly because of the thrill of eating a concrete baseball sized ball of sugar and terrifying my parents that I'd get it lodged in my throat.

not just any cookie, but shortbread which is on the Mount Cookiemore

Don't @ me

I'm @ing you. That's not a fucking shortbread cookie. It has zero flavor. Completely overrated candy bar.

The original list is correct, and probably whatabouts best post ever. Can't just pick individual favorites for Mt. Rushmore. You have to select the best that is also the most appreciated nationally. You can't pick underrated, unpopular, or obscure. A tough needle to thread, and whatabout nailed it.

Cookie/Wafer, peanut/peanut butter, and carmel should all be represented among the chocolates. Two ways to do that

1 Reese's
2 Twix
3 Starburst
4 Plain M&M's

Another way to do it
1. Reese's
2. Kit Kat
3. Starburst
4. Milky Way

Nestle Crunch bars and Snickers are also reasonable picks. I'd in favor of including a fruit-adjacent candy here, and Starburst is the best pick.

If there is a separate list for kids, I go
1. Fruit roll-ups, specifically Fruit by the Foot
2. Pixie Stix
3. Blow Pops
4. Reese's (Reese's are very good and transcend age)

not just any cookie, but shortbread which is on the Mount Cookiemore

Don't @ me

Girl Scout dosidos best cookie.

GOAT candy is now and later. We called them now or later. Traded those like prison contraband as a kid.

Best gum was Big League Chew because...you’re in the big leagues now....

Last edited:
Girl Scout dosidos best cookie.

GOAT candy is now and later. We called them now or later. Traded those like prison contraband as a kid.

Best gum was Big League Chew because...you’re in the big leagues now....

Good God you must have led a terrible childhood

I know, I don’t get it. They’re delicious but I never touched them as a kid and they went straight to the parents. Maybe that’s by design, I should tell my kids milky ways are shitty and gross...

I say we settle this with a candy lineup.

x3ta404ynu6z.jpg

Is this from you as a child perspective or you as an adult?

Child
1) The stuff where you had the white sugar stick and you would dip it into sugar powder
2) Fake cigarettes made of bubblegum, you could puff out the powder
3) Pixie sticks...eaten in bulk to get as zipped up as possible
4) Aforementioned jawbreakers, the best were from Chuck E Cheese
*honorable mention - rolos, sweet tarts, fireballs, good and plenty

Adult
1) Cadbury choco
2) Hershey's with almonds
3) Peanut M & Ms
4) Three Musketeers minis

Reeses, Snickers, Hershey’s with Almonds, Hershey’s special dark. It’s a boring list, but I’m about the chocolate.

I wouldn't put them on Mt Rushmore, but anyone else remember these?

shopping

There was a certain small town family owned gas station that sold these. When I was a kid, we'd beg mom to buy gas at this gas station and get us lollies as a treat. The stick was a thin plastic tube.

Candy bars:
1 - Payday
2 - Butterfinger
3 - Heath
4 - Snickers

I'm sure I'm forgetting other favorites but these come to mind first.

Candy
1 - Peanut M&Ms
2 - Reese's Cups (could be considered a 'bar')
3 - Whoppers (special seasonal shout out to the Robin Eggs candy-coated version available for Easter)
4t - Regular M&Ms, Almond M&Ms, Hershey kisses with almonds, Reese's pieces
5 - Hershey kisses
3 -

Back