• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mount Rushmore of Candies (Somewhat Political)

Candy bars:
1 - Payday
2 - Butterfinger
3 - Heath
4 - Snickers

I'm sure I'm forgetting other favorites but these come to mind first.

Candy
1 - Peanut M&Ms
2 - Reese's Cups (could be considered a 'bar')
3 - Whoppers (special seasonal shout out to the Robin Eggs candy-coated version available for Easter)
4t - Regular M&Ms, Almond M&Ms, Hershey kisses with almonds, Reese's pieces
5 - Hershey kisses
3 -

Payday as the #1 candy bar (or even on the mountain) is some serial killer shit. It doesn't even have chocolate. Do not pass go, do not collect your 3 fillings that fell out of your mouth, head directly to dentist.

Candy bars:
1 - Payday
2 - Butterfinger
3 - Heath
4 - Snickers

I'm sure I'm forgetting other favorites but these come to mind first.

Candy
1 - Peanut M&Ms
2 - Reese's Cups (could be considered a 'bar')
3 - Whoppers (special seasonal shout out to the Robin Eggs candy-coated version available for Easter)
4t - Regular M&Ms, Almond M&Ms, Hershey kisses with almonds, Reese's pieces
5 - Hershey kisses
3 -

Good pre-pandemic low-rent party dish - equal parts candy corn and salted peanuts mixed in a bowl. Tastes just like a Payday bar.

Payday as the #1 candy bar (or even on the mountain) is some serial killer shit. It doesn't even have chocolate. Do not pass go, do not collect your 3 fillings that fell out of your mouth, head directly to dentist.

We all have our crosses to bear - I love me some Paydays! I don't even usually like caramel that much - it is just something about the salty of the peanuts and the sweet of the caramel that is just right...

Never mind the fact that he has two kinds of Hershey kisses on his list AND whoppers.

Never mind the fact that he has two kinds of Hershey kisses on his list AND whoppers.

You got a problem with malted milk balls, fucko?

Do you think that’s the first time that sentence has been typed in the English language?

Not particularly, but on the mount rushmore?? get out! I will say that the HEBs near me in ATX had milk chocolate peanut butter malt balls in their bulk section that were amazing. Those are a strong contender to make it on my list.

Can we all agree that the most dangerous candy was Pop Rocks? I mean shit, it killed Mikey from the Life cereal commercials, when he drank cola with them.

Can we all agree that the most dangerous candy was Pop Rocks? I mean shit, it killed Mikey from the Life cereal commercials, when he drank cola with them.

Wasn't there a story about a dude who had problems after putting them in his foreskin?

how often do you guys eat candy?

I think I average about 3 Reece's eggs/trees/hearts per year, and a pack of trail mix with M&M's every time I travel on a plane, and that's about it.

In defense of Payday...

The main draw of Snickers/Baby Ruth, Milky Way, Twix, and the like ain't the chocolate. It's caramel, nougat, peanuts, cookie, whatever. There's a zillion other better options if chocolate is your main thing. Payday just skips the bullshit. It's salt, peanuts and caramel refined. The free basing of candy bars.

Not saying it belongs on Mt. Rushmore - the ones I listed above would make it first - but it has a devoted cult following for a reason.

I think I average about 3 Reece's eggs/trees/hearts per year, and a pack of trail mix with M&M's every time I travel on a plane, and that's about it.

Good question. I eat 3-4 pieces a year around Christmas. Good candy but I can't recall the name.

This thread has been a walk back in time for me. I guess the top five would be M&m peanut, Heath bars, Tootsie Rolls, Hershey Almond and Payday in no particular order.

Like many people, my fondness for candy disappeared when my fondness for alcohol appeared.

Almost zero. I will eat some chocolate at Halloween, and then probably the same mix of Reece's products as you've mentioned. Once in a given year I might find myself sharing some candy at an airport or on a road trip. Ice cream is my downfall, not candy.

love all the people on here who are like "oh I manage to have a morsel or two per year."

No love for Caramello? The $1 fundraiser version might be the world's finest candy bar.

You got a problem with malted milk balls, fucko?

Do you think that’s the first time that sentence has been typed in the English language?

Shut your whore mouth, malted milk balls need no place on the mountain.

Had me some Black Jack gum yesterday. Found it in a local sweet shop. Def the GOAT of gum. Lasts forever.

3-4 times... a week.

Split one of these in half, I'm in a happy place.

Guajillo_Shopify_large.jpg

The fuk?

Is this some old man shit they don’t teach the young bucks about?

For sure; Black Jack gum was from the 50's. Chewed it all the time when we were kids. If you get your hands on some try it; you'll love it.

Back