• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movies u think are hilarious that others think are lame, unfunny, or don't know about

I think I'm Gonna Get You Sucka is one of the funniest movies of all time. I don't know if there are haters or not.

I think I'm Gonna Get You Sucka is one of the funniest movies of all time. I don't know if there are haters or not.

That's a good one too. I haven't seen it in 20 years though.

I thought we said no more Journey psych outs?

Goon is awesome! I'll throw Cable Guy out there. I love that movie but most people I know hate it.

I kinda like Cable Guy too.

There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils AT Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?

I also like Jim Carrey singing Jefferson Airplane.

220px-The_Wild_and_Wonderful_Whites_of_West_Virginia_poster.jpg

Yes, and I'm kind of astonished that more than one person here has seen it. I watched it with a bunch of relatives way back when and my family still jokes about watching it together again sometime.

Waking Ned Devine was the go-to in our house during senior year at Wake. Must have watched it 20+ times that year.

I know I'm in the minority but I love Major League II. So many quotes.

511GA11TSJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

220px-Movie_national_treasure.JPG

And Grandma's Boy might be a movie that people don't know about, but who the hell thinks it's lame or unfunny? :tard:

Reactions: DDA
In the 80s I rarely watched mainstream Hollywood films, opting instead for a bunch of mopey artsy films. I spent my weekends at the old art-house theatre on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh watching indie films and classics, and it really bummed me out when the theatre was torn down to make way for a McDonalds.

But I went to see Tom Hanks' Big on a whim (or maybe because my date wanted to see it and I wanted to get lucky that night), and it really blew me away. It was a very smart and funny fantasy and I enjoyed it immensely, despite the manipulative feel-good tone of the film. I'm surprised that its not considered one of the all-time comedy classics.

In hindsight, I don't know the movie was that exceptional, or if my mood and emotional reaction at the time of my screening made it stick out in my mind as somehow better than it was.

Back