• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movies u think are hilarious that others think are lame, unfunny, or don't know about

On the lame/unfunny front: Saving Silverman

For one that people just dont know, ill submit Four Lions. It's one of my favorite movies of the last few years and I don't think it even got a theatrical release in the US (a comedy about suicide bombers is a tough sell). Hilarious and poignant. I often refer to stupid/convoluted ideas as "bombing the mosque" and then I have to spend ten minutes explaining myself, which ultimately ends up with "just Netflix it, trust me!"

Really good film. It's a little unsettling at times.

Unsettling is definitely an accurate description. The first time I saw it I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of the weekend. As hilarious as the comedy is, some of it is very dark and uncomfortable. The scene immediately after Faisel trips over the fence and Omar's heart to heart talks with Waj are really heavy.

Out Cold... seems like no one has seen it

Tell me who these people are. Because I will kidnap them and force them to see it. Awesome movie.

Also agree with PCU and Dirty Work. HOF 90's comedies.

And everyone relevant has seen Grandma's Boy. Come on buckets.

One that most people haven't seen:

"Yellowbeard"

A hilarious mix of Monty Python people and Mel Brooks people. I'm often surprised to see that fan boys of both groups have missed this one.

Glad to see PCU getting many mentions here. Can't understand how anybody couldn't love it.

Hot Tub Time Machine - Known, but I don't think enough people give it a chance
American Pie: Beta House

If you think that MacGruber isn't hilarious, you don't even deserve to live on this planet.

Glad to see PCU getting many mentions here. Can't understand how anybody couldn't love it.

I don't think I've met anyone who hasn't seen it or didn't like it...could be a function of age though. I could see how it might be unfamiliar to anyone 30 and below.

I'm currently on Season 3A of Entourage, so I flash back to PCU all of the time as a result of Piven's role as Ari Gold.

Last edited:
Somehow I've never seen PCU despite it having roughly 100% approval rating among people I've talked to that have seen it. I need to make that happen.

images

Back