• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movies u think are hilarious that others think are lame, unfunny, or don't know about

I really enjoy it.

MLII's biggest problem is that it's fun, but it's not a good movie. ML is a fantastic movie that's one of my all-time favs.

MLII just gets overshadowed.

PCU and Pitch Perfect..

Jock #1: What's up, babes?
Womynist #1: Pack up your rape culture and take a hike!
Jock #1: You want a brewdog?
Womynist #1: We're not interested in your penis!
Womynist #2: Wait, wait, I think he's offering us a beer.

Envy_film_poster.jpg

In the 80s I rarely watched mainstream Hollywood films, opting instead for a bunch of mopey artsy films. I spent my weekends at the old art-house theatre on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh watching indie films and classics, and it really bummed me out when the theatre was torn down to make way for a McDonalds.

But I went to see Tom Hanks' Big on a whim (or maybe because my date wanted to see it and I wanted to get lucky that night), and it really blew me away. It was a very smart and funny fantasy and I enjoyed it immensely, despite the manipulative feel-good tone of the film. I'm surprised that its not considered one of the all-time comedy classics.

In hindsight, I don't know the movie was that exceptional, or if my mood and emotional reaction at the time of my screening made it stick out in my mind as somehow better than it was.

Whoa. There are people that haven't seen/don't love Big? I don't want to know those people.

I haven't seen it in a while, but my family always loved Black Sheep. Most people know and appreciate Tommy Boy, but I think Black Sheep gets forgotten.

I second Wet Hot American Summer, Out Cold, PCU, and Cable Guy. All excellent motion pictures.

Might not be unknown, but I think Election is one of the greatest comedies ever made.

Martin & Orloff is my other submission.

If you don't know who PM Dawn were you probably won't get this, but a funny scene from Fear of a Black Hat.

I second Wet Hot American Summer, Out Cold, PCU, and Cable Guy. All excellent motion pictures.

Old Cold is awesome. PCU is a classic - you're not alone there.

I've always gotten crap for liking Ghostbusters II. It's obviously not as good as the original, but it still has its merits.

Also a fan of Just Friends. Severely underrated.

Old Cold is awesome. PCU is a classic - you're not alone there.

I've always gotten crap for liking Ghostbusters II. It's obviously not as good as the original, but it still has its merits.

Also a fan of Just Friends. Severely underrated.

Ghostbusters II is great.

Ghostbusters II is great.

Cop: Lieutenant, I think you better talk to this guy.
Lieutenant: I'm busy here!
Cop: It's some dock supervisor down at Pier 34
Lieutenant: What's their problem
Cop: He says the Titanic just arrived
Cheech: Well, better late than never

Back