• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: A Sales Pitch No One is Buying

RacerDeac

#iwasright #rjlies
Reaction score
https://mytakeonwhatever.com/2018/05/30/a-sales-pitch-no-one-is-buying/

Danny Manning has had four seasons to sell his vision of how to lift Wake from the most protracted downturn of our lifetime.

But other than a ballyhooed recruit whose goal is to play college basketball for one season, a junior guard who happens to be the son of the associate head coach, and the director of athletics responsible for hiring Manning in the first place, who of consequence is buying Manning’s pitch?

Bryant Crawford apparently isn’t buying it. Otherwise he wouldn’t be passing up his senior season at Wake for a leap of faith expected to land him in on foreign soil playing basketball for whatever the going rate happens to be there.

Doral Moore apparently isn’t either. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have announced last month he’s taking that same leap of faith.

"Over the eight seasons Jeff [Redacted] and Manning have been calling the shots, the Deacons are 39-111 against sister ACC schools.

The winning percentage is .351."

Someone inform Dan how winning percentages work.

"The exodus leaves Manning headed into his fifth season with four scholarship players who have ever suited up for Wake. Add up their points and rebounds, and the quartet averaged, collectively, 5.6 points and 2.6 rebounds for a team that finished 11-20."

"Over the eight seasons Jeff [Redacted] and Manning have been calling the shots, the Deacons are 39-111 against sister ACC schools.

The winning percentage is .351."

Someone inform Dan how winning percentages work.

#NoSAT

He's averaging all their PPG averages together? That seems extraordinarily dumb

Other than the math, his argument is spot on. Manning is an egotist and has never had to work for anything. He is stubborn and has never shown anyone, but Wellman that he can coach at the college level. It will only go down hill further this coming year

Yeah, dude's math is struggling. I'm just continually surprised to find out how salty he really is towards Wellman after coming off like such an apologist when the fans actually spoke up in the [Redacted] era.

He is right and it's good at least someone somewhat related to Wake sports media is calling it out, but Dan this would have been nice 5 years ago.

Yeah, dude's math is struggling. I'm just continually surprised to find out how salty he really is towards Wellman after coming off like such an apologist when the fans actually spoke up in the [Redacted] era.

Program access is a hell of a drug.

Does Ron also calculate winning percentage by dividing wins from losses? Would explain a lot.

Or it's just the chicken-eater's Chapel Hill education shining thru

I say this over and over and Dan nailed it. Dave Clawson had a vision and then created a strategy which he believed would pay off and stuck to it for a few lawn years. Wake football is in an amazing place right now and sustainable. Dannt Manning has no vision and no long term strategy and plan in which to execute. Each practice and game is more about who is currently on the team and lets see if they do what I tell them today.

If you dont know where you're going all roads lead there...Danny is on that road.

How in the world would you know what goes on at Danny's practices?

As I have said many times, no Dance, no job.

I dont know RJ but many coaches including Tacy and Odom always said you play like you practice.

Seems odd that no one is discussing the weird quote from the Conor O'Neill article yesterday in the WSJ...so Danny is as deluded as some of the folks on this board??

“I’ve got no idea. I’ve got no idea,” Manning said when asked last week if he knew whether Crawford was leaning one way or the other. “I mean, you look at, for me, look at the list of guys that have put their name in, and it’s — it is what it is. If you’re able to put your name in, you can put your name in and that’s what a lot of people are doing.”/QUOTE]

Did Danny's lack of knowing contribute directly to our inability to land a higher quality guard transfer? Is Danny just grasping at straws? Isn't in incumbent on DM to make sure he gets a straight answer from Crawford rather than let him hold his program hostage? Or perhaps it wouldn't have mattered at this point.

Pretty sure the coaches have been over Crawford since last year. I doubt his departure means jack shit to them.

Doesn’t that at least answer whether Crawford was in school this spring? Or has that been answered. If he wasn’t in school then Danny would have known he was leaving.

Back