• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: A Sales Pitch No One is Buying

Maybe 'some off the biggest Wake fans' you know should read closer? Not sure what to say. It certainly isn't anything nefarious to the best of my knowledge.

LOL. Two tiny mentions in articles that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. No offense, as I'm thankful for your coverage, but methinks you overestimate the impact of your writing.

It's not about it being nefarious. It's about it being dumb, and stupid, and the way it looks/feels to the fans, recruits, players, etc of a program mired in 8+ years of some of the worst results in it's history. For all of Craw's flaws, I'm actually starting to feel some compassion for him. Must have been weird as hell splitting playing time with Chill while Randolph and Brandon and Danny and Evan were all chilling in the locker room together. Could easily make it feel like a place where you're going to struggle to get the attention, recognition, etc that you think you are due. Could make it really easy to question every time you're pulled from the game, etc. Could add some color as to why he decided to jet ASAP. I doubt the rest of the players on the team really enjoy having a guy about their age, who is less accomplished as a player, in an authority position over them when his only notable qualification for the job is his last name. Like was said above, if we were winning, it would be weird, but somewhat ok. It's an awful, awful decision to bring on your inexperienced kid as an employee to a staff that is struggling to succeed.

Last edited:
Does he count as one of the limited coaches we can hire?

LOL. Two tiny mentions in articles that have nothing to do with the subject at hand. No offense, as I'm thankful for your coverage, but methinks you overestimate the impact of your writing.

It's whatever, but there's just two folks covering Wake hands-on every day - I'd figure the biggest Wake fans would read pretty much everything.

From an age perspective, that's pretty standard for that position.

It's not about it being nefarious. It's about it being dumb, and stupid, and the way it looks/feels to the fans, recruits, players, etc of a program mired in 8+ years of some of the worst results in it's history. For all of Craw's flaws, I'm actually starting to feel some compassion for him. Must have been weird as hell splitting playing time with Chill while Randolph and Brandon and Danny and Evan were all chilling in the locker room together. Could easily make it feel like a place where you're going to struggle to get the attention, recognition, etc that you think you are due. Could make it really easy to question every time you're pulled from the game, etc. Could add some color as to why he decided to jet ASAP. I doubt the rest of the players on the team really enjoy having a guy about their age, who is less accomplished as a player, in an authority position over them when his only notable qualification for the job is his last name. Like was said above, if we were winning, it would be weird, but somewhat ok. It's an awful, awful decision to bring on your inexperienced kid as an employee to a staff that is struggling to succeed.

Just so we're clear: some of yall throughout the year bashed DM for not benching Crawford when he committed turnovers and took bad shots at the end of games, and now you've revised it to Crawford and Childress were "splitting time" and Bryant was questioning his coach's loyalty "every time" he was pulled?

Just so we're clear: some of yall throughout the year bashed DM for not benching Crawford when he committed turnovers and took bad shots at the end of games, and now you've revised it to Crawford and Childress were "splitting time" and Bryant was questioning his coach's loyalty "every time" he was pulled?

These are not contradictory.

Absolutely on target. Reflects on either Manning's lack of reasonable judgment, or his egotistical nature that he doesn't care what anybody thinks as long as his personal agenda is advanced. Neither is a becoming trait for a highly paid representative of the university.

I say we get Robert Mueller to investigate this son-gate hiring and get to the bottom of it. For all we know, the Russians forced Danny to keep this ultra secret because Wellman and Putin are buds Facepalm

Nope. I haven't revised anything. Regardless, two things can be true. Manning could be wrong for not taking him out at times and Craw's reaction to or feelings about being taken out could be influenced by the nepotism in the locker room.

No matter how you want to slice it he gave his boy a job and that reeks of nepotism.

Last edited:
This board isn't very thoughtful or unique these days. Just turn on any of the network news programs and you'll have the same experience. Whining, intolerance of thoughtful discussion and faux intelligence.

This board isn't very thoughtful or unique these days. Just turn on any of the network news programs and you'll have the same experience. Whining, intolerance of thoughtful discussion and faux intelligence.

thank you for your contribution

The same handful of folks who have continually made excuses for Manning (and [Redacted] before him) are the most vocal in his defense here. Imagine that.

Last edited:
It does not seem of nepotism. It is nepotism. However, the only reason this is an issue is it is an example of ronnie's poor leadership and hypocrisy. He wanted Odom out so he said, "you can't hire your son." He hired the kk guy after he got in trouble with the govt for financial crimes. He hired his friend [Redacted] with a shit resume for the acc and kept him 3 years after it was clear that he was terrible. Extend coaches that don't appear long term winners? Yep.

We could go on. ronnie's hubris has been on display a long time.

The same handful of folks who have continually made excuses for Manning (and [Redacted] before him) are the most vocal in his defense here. Imagine that.

The “I know we suck but I’m mad at you for talking about it” crowd.

The “I know we suck but I’m mad at you for talking about it” crowd.

Pretty sure its the “I know we suck but lets not act like Evan Manning being on the bench has anything to do with it” group.

Pretty sure its the “I know we suck but lets not act like Evan Manning being on the bench has anything to do with it” group.

They're the same folks.

Leave it to you to choose the one narrative that is just completely stupid. Never had to work for anything? An egotist? Dude, you are totally projecting.

First, to argue that becoming an elite athlete who won a championship involved no work makes me wonder why you bother watching kids galavanting around a field or court?

Two, just read his bio. Manning went from NBA player to handing out towels at Kansas. Argue he should be handing out towels still but fuck sake - an egotist?
Me thinks you don't understand the word or are just stupid squared

DamagedColorfulAnt-size_restricted.gif

Back