• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

Yes

ETA: No matter what Painter did, and how shitty it was for Haas to not let WFU know what was going on, when the kid didn't sign LOI, Buzz should have been on his doorstep or at his school within hours.

Buzz had to know that something was going on behind the scenes when the kid didn't sign. Its like Buzz conceded the fight before it ever started. I don't understand his waiting until Sunday to go to Alabama...our basketball team would have been just fine without him at practice that day, I am sure.

Haas would have been a great get.

That's because he is a weenie.

I am kind of wondering if he got wind of us recruiting another big? I don't follow recruiting that much, so I don't know, but I am pretty sure PT was an issue.

I follow Wake basketball recruiting just about as much as an amateur can, and I've been in touch with those who have far more knowledge about the inner workings of the program, and I feel very comfortable saying that we are not and we're not recruiting any big men prospects post-Haas's verbal in the classes of 2014 or 2015. We expressed interest in a few bigs in both classes, but that's just wheat programs do at this stage in the game. There was nothing done on the recruiting trail to affect this commitment, IMO.

I don't give a flying fuck what the reasons were. Could be that he himself looks at the record of the program under Buzz and doesn't like what he sees in the crystal ball. Could be that he hasn't seen any big men develop under Buzz's tutelage. Could be that the Joel half full (at best) is a bit of a turnoff and certainly that's a reflection of "negativity." This idea that we should just STFU and take it because our recruiting might take a hit (and forgive me if I'm reluctant to believe some 7 foot white guy is the savior of WFU hoops) is horseshit. Fuck Buzz. Fuck Wellman.

I follow Wake basketball recruiting just about as much as an amateur can, and I've been in touch with those who have far more knowledge about the inner workings of the program, and I feel very comfortable saying that we are not and we're not recruiting any big men prospects post-Haas's verbal in the classes of 2014 or 2015. We expressed interest in a few bigs in both classes, but that's just wheat programs do at this stage in the game. There was nothing done on the recruiting trail to affect this commitment, IMO.

Yeah everyone we were recruiting with Haas already picked another school around the time he picked Wake.

"Craig Esherick was fired at Georgetown after Georgetown alums scheduled an on campus protest.

Georgetown fired men’s basketball coach Craig Esherick last night in the wake of the Hoyas’ second losing season in more than 30 years.

Georgetown president John J. DeGioia’s decision came on the eve of a scheduled on-campus protest rally by Georgetown alumni upset with the direction the basketball program has taken. The Hoyas finished 13-15 under Esherick this season."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. This is impressive. Mr. Wellman would crush this type of dissent in an instant. Of course, this type of thing would never happen at WFU. We saw what happened last "WINTER". While the movement may have generated some "buzz" - the results have been very hollow. Unfortunately, I don't see any chance that the leadership of either our Athletic Department or basketball team will change anytime in the near future. Does anyone seriously think that Wellman will fire [Redacted] at the end of the season when he is completely focused on the NCAA Tournament? Short of some type of misconduct by our "coach" - I don't see this happening. I guess the only positive is that "Basketball committee chairs are usually like most Kentucky freshmen."

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2013-11-15/wellman-begins-chair-tenure-eye-regular-and-post-season-play

Back