• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

People like to say that we are extremely submissive compared to all of these other fanbases, but are there examples of what other fanbases have done to 'rise up' more successfully than we have?

People like to say that we are extremely submissive compared to all of these other fanbases, but are there examples of what other fanbases have done to 'rise up' more successfully than we have?

The revolt by UNC basketball players and boosters to get Matt Doherty fired?

The Fire Ron Zook movement worked pretty well.

I think the point is that many fanbases don't have to "rise up" because they don't have to deal with that level of incompetence.

I think the point is that many fanbases don't have to "rise up" because they don't have to deal with that level of incompetence.

They raised enough of a stink after one historically awful year that they get the guy fired. We've put up with historical incompetence for three years.

+1

Was it because the fans acted differently or just that the athletic directors weren't idiots in those situations? I guess what I'm getting at is it seems like the real problem is that Ron doesn't give a fuck what the fanbase thinks. It's not as if the AD doesn't know the fanbase is upset. I just think it's weird to say the fans aren't reacting the way any other fanbase would.

Winning solves almost everything. Just saying. I personally didn't find Haas to be a good fit. It was a mistake to go hard for him instead of Omara, IMO. But Haas is 4stars and a program feeling the heat wants those stars. Devin Thomas was a 3star. Codi MM was a free falling 4star (like Shelton). Staff went the wrong way and hopefully in 2 years we feel saved by this kid's decision. That said, he'll now probably be the NBA's next Roy Hibbert.

Was it because the fans acted differently or just that the athletic directors weren't idiots in those situations? I guess what I'm getting at is it seems like the real problem is that Ron doesn't give a fuck what the fanbase. thinks It's not as if the AD doesn't know the fanbase is upset. I just think it's weird to say the fans aren't reacting the way any other fanbase would.

I don't really know what you mean by "differently"

The fanbases raised a huge stink when those coaches sucked (generally in the first year or two of suckiness), and the Athletic Department listened. We haven't really raised a huge stink until YEAR FOUR of incompetence.

Our problem is with the BOT and the big $$$ Deacon Club donors. Those organizations are much more focused on having their egos stroked than understanding the impact a successful sports program can have on a school's overall reputation.

People don't want an education from a school that aspires to mediocrity.

Last edited:

Craig Esherick was fired at Georgetown after Georgetown alums scheduled an on campus protest.

Georgetown fired men’s basketball coach Craig Esherick last night in the wake of the Hoyas’ second losing season in more than 30 years.

Georgetown president John J. DeGioia’s decision came on the eve of a scheduled on-campus protest rally by Georgetown alumni upset with the direction the basketball program has taken. The Hoyas finished 13-15 under Esherick this season.

Last edited:
Was it because the fans acted differently or just that the athletic directors weren't idiots in those situations? I guess what I'm getting at is it seems like the real problem is that Ron doesn't give a fuck what the fanbase thinks. It's not as if the AD doesn't know the fanbase is upset. I just think it's weird to say the fans aren't reacting the way any other fanbase would.

Nor does he have to give a damn about what President Hatch and BoT think becuase they have apparently chosen not to think on the issue of Wake athletics.

There is no way Isaac Haas or his family got any kind of news from Wake Forest, whether it be good or bad, on Nov. 13.

Nov 13 was during NCAA men's basketball recruiting dead period.

No contact was made with anyone regarding Haas. We went into that period with 100% assurance that Isaac was going to be a Deac. During the live recruiting period that preceded the dead period (9-9 thru 11-10) our staff was given no indication that Isaac was second guessing his choice. No mention of Purdue was made.

I know what his uncle's tweets insinuated, but his uncle is FOS and wants attention. IF (big IF) Isaac received any negative news about WFU, it did not come from Wake Forest University or the basketball staff.

We were screwed, plain and simple.

There is no way Isaac Haas or his family got any kind of news from Wake Forest, whether it be good or bad, on Nov. 13.

No contact was made with anyone regarding Haas. We went into that period with 100% assurance that Isaac was going to be a Deac. During the live recruiting period that preceded the dead period (9-9 thru 11-10) our staff was given no indication that Isaac was second guessing his choice. No mention of Purdue was made.

I know what his uncle's tweets insinuated, but his uncle is FOS and wants attention. IF (big IF) Isaac received any negative news about WFU, it did not come from Wake Forest University or the basketball staff.

Dead period just means no face-to-face meetings. You can still call, tweet, chat online, facetime, etc. He may not have been contacted by Wake, but it was certainly possible. Unless I'm missing something per the NCAA rules.

Dead period just means no face-to-face meetings. You can still call, tweet, chat online, facetime, etc. He may not have been contacted by Wake, but it was certainly possible. Unless I'm missing something per the NCAA rules.

You're right- just letters, calls, emails...but no contact, besides "checking in" was made. We had no reason to believe he still needed to be sold on Wake. He didn't get any news from us.

One could say that we got Painter'd with a bad brush. Ahem, Painter'd. Anyone? I'll get my coat.

Back