• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

Also, I didn't think I could lose any more respect for these clowns, but our coaches are out telling reporters that it is fans fault that they lost a recruit? Seriously guys, Larue, Chill, fuck sake, even Buzz, grow the fuck up. You are embarrassing yourselves at this point.

Yet another example of Wellman's accountability free culture.

I'm 100% buzzout, but people have to realize that from the outside, our program is starting to look like a circus. Hopefully, it leads to some decisions being made about Ron/Buzz/Grobe and not just more tarnish.
Totally agree, but one has to wonder if fundamental decay hasn't already occurred...not just tarnish. Changing coaches fixes most of the problems most here have. How do we win Chill and Rusty back when they leave? They can't like all this crap. Did we just lose a recruit because of the circus? I'm sure it played a role.

Rusty should get offered a job in the Athletic Department...He's a legend after all (come on it's funny at this point) we should offer him a position in the AD's office, heck maybe he'll even succeed Wellman in a few years. Chill should stay on the Bench as an assistant with what ever new head coach we hire. It would be a great way for the new HC to connect with the fan base, create a link to our past glory. I don't like forcing the new HC to keep an assistant, but it is Randolph Childress.

Rusty should get offered a job in the Athletic Department...He's a legend after all (come on it's funny at this point) we should offer him a position in the AD's office, heck maybe he'll even succeed Wellman in a few years. Chill should stay on the Bench as an assistant with what ever new head coach we hire. It would be a great way for the new HC to connect with the fan base, create a link to our past glory. I don't like forcing the new HC to keep an assistant, but it is Randolph Childress.

I disagree. Enough with the nepotism--fire everyone.

All very bad ideas. Hire the best we can find. Start with a new AD and replace everyone in bball and football. Childress is the only person who I think would be beneficial to the program moving forward, but that should be up to the new basketball coach to decide. Clean house. Hire winners.

MTOW: "The negativity at Wake Forest, be straight with me Isaac, did that cause you to waiver in your commitment to Wake Forest -- the negativity of the fan base?''

IH: "Not really. I think it was more just my own person concerns. That's always going to be there. No matter what college I go to, there's going to be negativity, no matter what.

Why is it when Florida fans create firezook.com it's not a circus? Is what happened at Rutgers a circus? Wake's general historical complacency has meant we sit back and take what we get (see also:LOWF). The growth of message boards and social media has precipitated forums for geographically spread fans to discuss and, in our case, commiserate. We don't have to sit back and take what comes. We can let people know we're pissed off. The media sees it now and the word is spreading. WE are pissed off.

So much this. Wake is supposed to bend over and take it because they're Wake. A "real" program wouldn't get this much shit for standing up for itself .

I blame all the #Bzout people. If they'd just give [Redacted] a chance, we might be able to win some games and land some players like Haas.

Mmm, 4 years is a pretty good chance .

MTOW: "The negativity at Wake Forest, be straight with me Isaac, did that cause you to waiver in your commitment to Wake Forest -- the negativity of the fan base?''

IH: "Not really. I think it was more just my own person concerns. That's always going to be there. No matter what college I go to, there's going to be negativity, no matter what.

Leading questions much?

Where are our resident survey methodology critics when we need them??

All very bad ideas. Hire the best we can find. Start with a new AD and replace everyone in bball and football. Childress is the only person who I think would be beneficial to the program moving forward, but that should be up to the new basketball coach to decide. Clean house. Hire winners.

I agree to some extent, I don't want to handcuff any new HC hires by forcing them to take-on our current assistants...I just find it hard to accept canning Randolph and Rusty without some sort of offer to keep them in the family business. I think Rusty for sure would be better off going else where.

This all day long. FSU damn near blew themselves up over firing Bowden and all that shit. Now they will probably play for a natty with Jimbo and Bowden chilling in box seats. No serious program would put up with our shitty leadership. It's goddamn offensive to me the way announcers stroke Grobe's cock for being so damn mediocre and how great mediocre is for Wake.

And hate to say it, but much love and respect for Chill, and I will always appreciate his accomplishments at Wake, but I'm not going to buy tickets to games just so I can watch a former great player sit on the bench alongside the worst coach in ACC history and some really mediocre players. And fuck anyone who thinks we should put up with this shit for one more day, much less three seasons.
This is the "Howard Beale" post I have been waiting for. Mega dittos!

He could have easily said that negativity played a small part. He did nothing of that sort, he said it was a personal decision and he took responsibility for his decision. Haas showed more maturity and accountability than our administration and staff has in the past three years. He's a 17 year old. Think about that.

That's bullshit. That's a massive rationalization . He reneged on a commitment for "personal reasons"? It was obviously a soft commit from the beginning - the only problem is that there aren't soft commits in basketball.

Did Dan say anywhere that the reasons given to [Redacted] / LaRue were "the negativity"? Because assuming / making up / jumping to conclusions like that are why the boards frequently get labeled "the lunatic fringe" and "a small portion of the fanbase".

Did Dan say anywhere that the reasons given to [Redacted] / LaRue were "the negativity"? Because assuming / making up / jumping to conclusions like that are why the boards frequently get labeled "the lunatic fringe" and "a small portion of the fanbase".

"Cui Bono" = who benefits. If bzz said this to Dan, and Dan repeated it word for word to Haas, and Haas said it's full of it, than Dan knows that Bzz will lie to the press for his own means. That is why Dan didn't ask "hey, what happened". He repeated something very specific that was said to him. Dan has no axe to grind with the Bzzout crew, but now he knows that he's dealing with a slimy asshole in Bzz.

Does anyone else think that after all of this horseshit is over and some of the truth behind Wellman and the University's actions comes out, someone should write a book about it? I mean it's seriously that crazy of a narrative.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that after all of this horseshit is over and some of the truth behind Wellman and the University's actions comes out, someone should write a book about it? I mean it's seriously that crazy of a narrative.

Indeed it is. However, publishing any documentation of this insanity would be extremely difficult.

Indeed it is. However, publishing any documentation of this insanity would be extremely difficult.

Maybe a 30 for 30. The story is not over though and could use a happy ending, so it might be awhile before it hits the drawing board. The beginning of the documentary would center around Chris Paul to draw in enough viewer interest. Interviews featuring big-time college bball coaches and their high regard for Skip Prosser could follow that. The 2nd half of the film would focus on the downfall. Ending is TBD.

I think everybody is lying a little bit. The truth lies in the middle of all the stories IMO.

Back