• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

i sincerely hope the reason he de-commited was the negativity. at least someone's listening. the wheels are turning.

Twisting words/lying to cover their own ineptitude. Haven't heard this tale from the AD before!

This whole thing is funny until I think about it too much and it makes me sad.

Exactly, Dan wouldn't include it if he didn't want to draw attention to the difference in the two reports.

Good for Dan. I'd be annoyed if they tried to lie to me to spin a story their way too.

The Ath. Dept is just so full of integrity!

I have hard time buying the "negative" excuse. Unless the kid had been hibernation the past three years it should not have come as a surprise that a significant faction of the fanbase was disgruntled with the direction of the program.

I have no idea which of the options are actually true, I'm just pointing out that those are the only three options. There is no fourth option. There is an internal inconsistency and obviously whoever Dan's original source was is the same as Rivals' source who pointed out that it was Wake fans' negativity that caused Haas to decommit. At least Dan followed up with Haas and did due diligence, something Rivals didn't do.

I have no idea which of the options are actually true, I'm just pointing out that those are the only three options. There is no fourth option. There is an internal inconsistency and obviously whoever Dan's original source was is the same as Rivals' source who pointed out that it was Wake fans' negativity that caused Haas to decommit. At least Dan followed up with Haas and did due diligence, something Rivals didn't do.

Occam's Razor suggests that it is the Athletic Department that is lying. Why would Haas not tell DC that the negativity played even a small part in his decision? That wouldn't make sense.

I believe the kid. I don't believe our AD/coaches since they have lied or massaged the truth before.

Yeah I think Haas lying is the least likely option. At the same time the source might not be within the AD. We really have no idea who it was, but I do agree it's likely that the source is Wake-related in some capacity since Dan got the some initial info as Wake Rivals.

#culture*

(*unless we need to distort a high school kid's words so we don't look do bad)

This whole thing is disgusting. Seminar in mass alienation and completely Pravda-esque. Wake's administration must think we're all a bunch of idiots.

I agree. Good for Dan for not taking the AD statement at face value. Dan even led him with the question. It would have been easy for Haas to just say, "yeah, it was the negativity," hang up the phone and be done with us. Why would he lie?

Nice try Ron.

Well, Bzzz's first coach's show of the season is Thursday night at 8pm following Grobe. I wonder if they'll allow any questions through regarding the Haas decommitment?

Well, Bzzz's first coach's show of the season is Thursday night at 8pm following Grobe. I wonder if they'll allow any questions through regarding the Haas decommitment?

No.

news1.515511.jpg

I agree. Good for Dan for not taking the AD statement at face value. Dan even led him with the question. It would have been easy for Haas to just say, "yeah, it was the negativity," hang up the phone and be done with us. Why would he lie?

Nice try Ron.

I completely agree. Reading between the lines you can tell Dan has a kind of "what the fuck" type mindset behind his article. He made a point to put Haas' answer verbatim and then took a veiled shot at his original source. Maybe I'm reading what I want to from the article but it seemed like a pretty good FU from Dan to his source.

Yeah I think Haas lying is the least likely option. At the same time the source might not be within the AD. We really have no idea who it was, but I do agree it's likely that the source is Wake-related in some capacity since Dan got the some initial info as Wake Rivals.

Wherever the source is, it fed the same information to Rivals, Deman, Country Dan and OnTheWall over on Scout. I can't imagine it being from anywhere other than the AD.

you guys honestly think some HS kid is going to drag a D1 college publicly through the dirt by saying fan negatively played a role in his decision? come on. his comment was basically coach speak. he just wants the spotlight off his ass right now so he can move on from the situation

Back