• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

I'm #ScorchedEarth, but I don't think the negativity surrounding the program made the kid go to Purdue instead. Things aren't rosy there either.

Get the tweets going. Andy Katz, Eamonn Brennan, Gary Parrish, etc...See if they want to pick up the story.

I really disagree. You think he just lied to a random reporter that he didn't have to talk to in the first place so he can move on with his life? Why even talk to Dan at all if he wants to move on?

I think it was a non answer, at best. he said "not really" and then gave a long winded answer about negativity instead of saying "nope, i really wanted to pursue some bullshit about a hard sciences degree at Purdue that they don't offer at wake". His actual quote sounds like some bullshit i'd say to a girl i'm trying to dump, "it's not you, it's me, but it's really you"

that's how you answer the question about negativity.

so call that a lie if you want, but he's being PC about it

Last edited:
I don't see how any recruit would ever commit to [Redacted]. The man is a career loser with some for of Aspergers. However, I was not pulling for Haas to Decommit. The way this has gone down with the AD lying has been a pleasant surprise though. It's kind of like finding a $20 bill in your shorts pocket. Totally unexpected.

Again, while I do pull for the team to lose, I do not pull for recruits to decommit. Can you stop beating up that poor strawman?

I guess a 4th alternative could be Haas told Buzzdick and Rusty what Buzzdick wanted to hear - "yeah, the negativity was part of it" - and told Dan what he really felt. But Dan felt the need to print his response after the Wellman/Buzzdick spin blaming the fan base. Who haven't Wellman and Buzzdick blamed and thrown under the bus for our hoops woes? Fan base, check. Message boards, check. Current and past players, check. Past coaches, check. The tough ACC, check. The road, check. Tuesdays, check.

KVegas, thanks for your informative posts on this thread.

That's not irony.
No? When Grantland views the Wake fanbase reaction as entertainment.......the entire thing has become a Jackass-like joke. I don't think that's quite sunk in.

No? When Grantland views the Wake fanbase reaction as entertainment.......the entire thing has become a Jackass-like joke. I don't think that's quite sunk in.

Who is the joke on? The fan base helped create the joke, but it seems to me everyone is laughing at Wellman and [Redacted], not at the fan base.

Who is the joke on? The fan base helped create the joke, but it seems to me everyone is laughing at Wake Forest

FIFY

I'm 100% buzzout, but people have to realize that from the outside, our program is starting to look like a circus. Hopefully, it leads to some decisions being made about Ron/Buzz/Grobe and not just more tarnish.

FIFY

I'm 100% buzzout, but people have to realize that from the outside, our program is starting to look like a circus. Hopefully, it leads to some decisions being made about Ron/Buzz/Grobe and not just more tarnish.

I don't really think Club Trill was laughing at Wake in general other than laughing at the figureheads for the school (Wellman, [Redacted])

FIFY

If only we had a chart which could quantify the circus

Why is it when Florida fans create firezook.com it's not a circus? Is what happened at Rutgers a circus? Wake's general historical complacency has meant we sit back and take what we get (see also:LOWF). The growth of message boards and social media has precipitated forums for geographically spread fans to discuss and, in our case, commiserate. We don't have to sit back and take what comes. We can let people know we're pissed off. The media sees it now and the word is spreading. WE are pissed off.

I think it went something like this: Haas to Bzz "You're a Douche Bag". Bzz to Rusty "Send out a press release saying he complained about that billboard".

The circus is due to the failures on the field and court and the poor communication, not fan discontent.

When this idiot was hired, I said he was going to screw our program for 8+ years. RJ and Jason, etc told me I was high. (RJ has since become a vocal Bzz outer). This guy is a destroyer of programs, not a builder. (that is a direct quote from a Colorado friend who thanked me for taking him off their hands).

edited to say:

DV7 saw it, Irish saw it, etc

Last edited:
Either that or [Redacted] and Larue told Dan that Haas mentioned the negativity of the fanbase in his reasoning, not thinking for a second Haas would actually answer his cell phone and directly answer the question for Dan.

I think it was the sock thing. Haas just doesn't like putting on socks. Plain and simple.

He also probably did some research on just how miserable his Tuesdays would be

Why is it when Florida fans create firezook.com it's not a circus? Is what happened at Rutgers a circus? Wake's general historical complacency has meant we sit back and take what we get (see also:LOWF). The growth of message boards and social media has precipitated forums for geographically spread fans to discuss and, in our case, commiserate. We don't have to sit back and take what comes. We can let people know we're pissed off. The media sees it now and the word is spreading. WE are pissed off.

yeah and I think its worth noting that the fanbase is not the circus, the Wake AD is. Keep in mind that the Grantland article said the firebz.com website was the greatest fire a coach website ever. Some people need to go actually take a look back at that. Its not a bunch of funny quips and conjecture. There is no name calling or ad hominem arguments aimed BZ. ITS LITERALLY JUST THE MANS FUCKING CV. That's why it's the best "fire (insert coach)" website ever.

When you suck as bad as we have, no one knows that we lost to Stetson, Presby, Ioana by 50 etc, because you get no tv time (except for ESPN3 home of the deacs). Compiled Data illustrating your failures is hilarious for those curious about our angst.

This all day long. FSU damn near blew themselves up over firing Bowden and all that shit. Now they will probably play for a natty with Jimbo and Bowden chilling in box seats. No serious program would put up with our shitty leadership. It's goddamn offensive to me the way announcers stroke Grobe's cock for being so damn mediocre and how great mediocre is for Wake.

And hate to say it, but much love and respect for Chill, and I will always appreciate his accomplishments at Wake, but I'm not going to buy tickets to games just so I can watch a former great player sit on the bench alongside the worst coach in ACC history and some really mediocre players. And fuck anyone who thinks we should put up with this shit for one more day, much less three seasons.

Also, I didn't think I could lose any more respect for these clowns, but our coaches are out telling reporters that it is fans fault that they lost a recruit? Seriously guys, Larue, Chill, fuck sake, even Buzz, grow the fuck up. You are embarrassing yourselves at this point.

Back