• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Dan Searches for the Truth from Haas

you guys honestly think some HS kid is going to drag a D1 college publicly through the dirt by saying fan negatively played a role in his decision? come on. his comment was basically coach speak. he just wants the spotlight off his ass right now so he can move on from the situation

He could have easily said that negativity played a small part. He did nothing of that sort, he said it was a personal decision and he took responsibility for his decision. Haas showed more maturity and accountability than our administration and staff has in the past three years. He's a 17 year old. Think about that.

i sincerely hope the reason he de-commited was the negativity. at least someone's listening. the wheels are turning.
I was reading the thread with my mouth gaping open because the people who most want us to fail to get rid of Bz just got a huge win because their campaign is "working" and they're complaining about it. Why in the world would the administration hand those people a win by lying? That makes absolutely zero sense.

Can you imagine if Bz and Rusty showed up at your door? Either a Waspy version of Opus dei or the IRS. Either way it wouldn't be good.

Well, Bzzz's first coach's show of the season is Thursday night at 8pm following Grobe. I wonder if they'll allow any questions through regarding the Haas decommitment?

should have stopped after the bold.

I was reading the thread with my mouth gaping open because the people who most want us to fail to get rid of Bz just got a huge win because their campaign is "working" and they're complaining about it. Why in the world would the administration hand those people a win by lying? That makes absolutely zero sense.

We don't want the cupboard bare when [Redacted] is eventually fired. Not getting a top 100 player isn't a good thing. What are you talking about? A win? Good Lord...

Can you imagine if Bz and Rusty showed up at your door? Either a Waspy version of Opus dei or the IRS. Either way it wouldn't be good.

orgazmocap1.jpg

The number of people who actually wanted Haas to not come to Wake to "hurt" [Redacted] is likely fewer than five on this entire board. During the entire Haas saga, I don't recall seeing more than one or two (if any) comments to the effect of "good, he shouldn't come here so Bzz will be fired."

I may misremember but I don't think so.

I wasn't aware that the fanbase had a sudden turn towards the negative since he'd announced his commitment - pretty sure the entire fanbase had their pitchforks and torches long before he was ever recruited

He could have easily said that negativity played a small part. He did nothing of that sort, he said it was a personal decision and he took responsibility for his decision. Haas showed more maturity and accountability than our administration and staff has in the past three years. He's a 17 year old. Think about that.

if by maturity/accountability you mean he's employing media interview skills to avoid controversy, then yes. im not saying he's lying, but "not really" isn't a resounding denial, either.

if by maturity/accountability you mean he's employing media interview skills to avoid controversy, then yes. im not saying he's lying, but "not really" isn't a resounding denial, either.

He said negativity is an issue with every fan base and he acknowledges that it is. That seems to reject the underlying merits of Dan's question does it not?

Why don't one of you Twitter users just ask Haas to DM you what he told Buzz and Rusty and get this speculation over and done with?

He said negativity is an issue with every fan base and he acknowledges that it is. That seems to reject the underlying merits of Dan's question does it not?

not really (zing).

i stand by my earlier statement. i think we're all ready to accept the fact that he was probably put off by the situation/fans but I think he's just trying to move on and deal softly with the fallout of the switcheroo. if a coach pulls his name from consideration for a new program, he doesn't slam the school or program for its faults, he says it's 'not a good fit'. you guys are really trying to make something out of nothing right now.

you guys honestly think some HS kid is going to drag a D1 college publicly through the dirt by saying fan negatively played a role in his decision? come on. his comment was basically coach speak. he just wants the spotlight off his ass right now so he can move on from the situation

He's a kid...and I am sure he wants to move forward from this.

Don't forget...this kid gave us a verbal on Sept.1.

He had plenty of time to discuss his concerns over signing the LOI before signing day and let LaRue or Buzz know he was having 2nd thoughts, but he didn't. Between Sept 1 and Nov 15, he was actively recruited by other schools. He lead our coaches to believe he was "ours" and gave no signs that he wasn't.

We could have gone after other recruits during that time, but we didn't, because when he verballed, we committed to him.

Not only do I not trust our AD, I don't believe the story Haas is telling, either.

Just to clarify the time line, when did you all but the adds in the Greensboro newspaper? Was that on November 12? The 11th? I can't remember exactly. Must have been the 9th because Isaac said something about 4 sleepless nights.

not really (zing).

i stand by my earlier statement. i think we're all ready to accept the fact that he was probably put off by the situation/fans but I think he's just trying to move on and deal softly with the fallout of the switcheroo. if a coach pulls his name from consideration for a new program, he doesn't slam the school or program for its faults, he says it's 'not a good fit'. you guys are really trying to make something out of nothing right now.

I really disagree. You think he just lied to a random reporter that he didn't have to talk to in the first place so he can move on with his life? Why even talk to Dan at all if he wants to move on?

Whatever the case may be, the kid could have went about this differently. Instead, he blindsided the staff and pulled his commitment at the last minute.

We don't want the cupboard bare when [Redacted] is eventually fired. Not getting a top 100 player isn't a good thing. What are you talking about? A win? Good Lord...
Seriously? Actions have consequences dude. There is always collateral damage when going extremely negative....like potentially losing a top 100 recruit and probably alienating several legacy players who used to be popular. You can't run away from that. Just own it and be scorched earth if the goal is to get rid of Bz, don't pretend this is all some sort of smart bomb going through Bz's air vent/rear. It's so freaking ironic to see people talking about how mature Haas is about how he handled the situation in the midst of people in denial that their actions might have a negative effect on the program.....outside of Bz. Own it dude. Scorched earth...for the good of the program. It's past the point where everything is "just" Bz.

Seriously? Actions have consequences dude. There is always collateral damage when going extremely negative....like potentially losing a top 100 recruit and probably alienating several legacy players who used to be popular. You can't run away from that. Just own it and be scorched earth if the goal is to get rid of Bz, don't pretend this is all some sort of smart bomb going through Bz's air vent/rear. It's so freaking ironic to see people talking about how mature Haas is about how he handled the situation in the midst of people in denial that their actions might have a negative effect on the program.....outside of Bz. Own it dude. Scorched earth...for the good of the program. It's past the point where everything is "just" Bz.

That's not irony.

Back