• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: Olsen letting the students have it

Lol. Stupid students. How are we supposed to not lose by 56 points without the students there?

What a completely fucking stupid thing for a player to say after the last two performances.

What would Wake Forest athletics be without passing the blame?

Lol. Stupid students. How are we supposed to not lose by 56 points without the students there?

What a completely fucking stupid thing for a player to say after the last two performances.
Yeah I'm thinking if Olsen thinks that is the most disappointing thing, then there in lies part of the problem.

Why does Grobe always put the blame on the players? I agree they did not play well today, but Grobe and his staff have not done much to help the situation. The staff is directly responsible for the early season debacles and seems they are not even coaching the kids on their positions. No player improvement at all

Mike Olsen is who he is, which is a solid linebacker on a bad team. He didn't throw 6 interceptions today, and he doesn't get paid 2 million dollars a year to stand on the sidelines with a blank expression. Olsen plays his ass off every game and does his job, so in my book he's allowed to talk shit about our terrible student section. Football is definitely a team game, but the defense was the very least of our problems today.

You really expected the students to sit through that demolition? Sure, the pastels are always late to kickoff, but that's just Wake Forest for ya. We've historically sucked, so it's common knowledge to students that you don't miss much at the beginning of the game besides the other team maybe scoring a TD on us.

"When your football team has more turnovers (7) than your basketball team (5) -- the same basketball team that had to get it going in the second half to beat Colgate of the Patriot League -- then you know the state of your athletics program is just a level or two lower than hunky dory."

Haha, i'm pleased with Dan's particular choice of words here. It might go unnoticed by many, but I thought that was a nice dig at our entire Athletic Dept, not just football: well done, Dan.

Mike Olsen is who he is, which is a solid linebacker on a bad team. He didn't throw 6 interceptions today, and he doesn't get paid 2 million dollars a year to stand on the sidelines with a blank expression. Olsen plays his ass off every game and does his job, so in my book he's allowed to talk shit about our terrible student section. Football is definitely a team game, but the defense was the very least of our problems today.

I agree, he gives his all. Just seems there would be more important things to be pissed about than the student section.

I agree with this statement. Let the kid vent. I'd be pissed too if two of my quarterbacks threw six interceptions and there were no pastels in the stands to witness it.

How many basketball games has he been to?

"I’m hopeful that our team is not in a very good frame of mind right now,'' Grobe said. "I would like to think they’re not real happy about the way we played today.

what does the first part of this sentence mean?

is grobe trying to torpedo the program?

Grobe keeps talking about hoping the players are embarrassed. Well, I sure as hell hope he is embarrassed of the crap that has become Wake Forest football the last several seasons. 3 points over the last 2 games? What a freaking joke. But hey, it's not the coaches fault!

How many basketball games has he been to?

I'm sure a case could be made that he's being hypocritical, but he's still not wrong about our student section being disappointing.

Why are we complaining about what Olsen says? He has earned the right to complain about the absence of loyal support from his fellow students.

I do not like Coach complaining about the poor play of the players when the staff is failing to prepare them to be competitive. 8 quarters with only 3 points says something about the people drawing up the plays and preparing the team to run those plays.

I'm convinced that the demise of the basketball program has affected the football program. Buzz is a cancer which has spread through the whole athletic department. A nationally ranked basketball team brought good publicity for the university and helped get Wake Forest into the living rooms of prospective student athletes. It's isnt "cool" to attend WFU right now like it used to be when the Joel was rocking. Prosser and Grobe had it going for a while. But those days are long gone .

I'm convinced that the demise of the basketball program has affected the football program. Buzz is a cancer which has spread through the whole athletic department. A nationally ranked basketball team brought good publicity for the university and helped get Wake Forest into the living rooms of prospective student athletes. It's isnt "cool" to attend WFU right now like it used to be when the Joel was rocking. Prosser and Grobe had it going for a while. But those days are long gone .

I think there is definitely some truth to that. Guys like CP3 and Timmy D haven't been embraced by [Redacted], it's almost like Wellman want to distance us from those days. I can't think of much that is less cool than having [Redacted] as your hoops coach.

Back