• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW: Olsen letting the students have it

Grobe gives total control to his assistants, which on the offensive side of the ball is terrible as a whole. When asked about who might start at QB against Duke, he said "it's entirely up to Tommy (Elrod)." I honestly don't know what decisions he makes anymore, because he always mentions how it's up to the position coaches who plays and we know he isn't giving much input on play calling.
Holy shit. Seriously, what does Grobe even do? What do we pay him $2.3 million to do exactly?

That's unreal. If it wasn't evident to anybody over the last few years, it should be clear now we are dealing with a Bobby Bowden situation. Put away your 2006 lenses folks.

That's unreal. If it wasn't evident to anybody over the last few years, it should be clear now we are dealing with a Bobby Bowden situation. Put away your 2006 lenses folks.

Comfortable environment...nice compensation package, and relatively secure ability to work out the terms of his contract, a'la Wellman make this possible.

It's a good thing they make the rest of the fans pay for their tickets, or you wouldn't have seen anybody in those stands by the time the second quarter began.

Sitting in JAX in 2006 and then watching us en route to the Orange Bowl, I knew there was gonna be a price to be paid for our newly found success. It seems like here we are...and just wait till next year.

Sitting in JAX in 2006 and then watching us en route to the Orange Bowl, I knew there was gonna be a price to be paid for our newly found success. It seems like here we are...and just wait till next year.

Damn. I sat in JAX in '06 and thought that my life as a Wake fan had changed. It wasn't until watching us slowly decline through '08, wasting Riley in '09, and the finally the shittiness of 2010 that I finally realized I had drank the kool aid. Kudos to you for reading the tea leaves.

ETA: And for the record, the kool aid was so fucking sweet, and I don't take it back. But looking back objectively, we did not turn any corners.

I should have realized all those "this is a once in a lifetime thing" fans in Jax and Miami reflected the attitude of the Wake brass. There was no burning desire to win another championship.

I should have realized all those "this is a once in a lifetime thing" fans in Jax and Miami reflected the attitude of the Wake brass. There was no burning desire to win another championship.

It's funny when people talk about the "Wake Forest limitations." I'm not convinced that we do have limitations, but if we do, it's because of the lack of vision of so many fans and leaders.

Last edited:
Agreed. We are common thread among consistent failures. Too many fans defend mediocrity because they think they are loyal by not challenging the status quo.

The vision of the fans is absolutely worthless. You have "Rasputin" Wellman, spinning a yarn to the transfixed BOT, Fleecing donors for new buildings. And heavens yes, telling everybody how great things are. He's a Bernie Madoff salesman, one step ahead of a posse, that doesn't exist. The "Wizard of Odd", don't look behind the curtain. I'm not saying that there is any criminality afoot, but this is how a grifter would set things up. Keep the watchdogs apathetic.

It's funny when people talk about the "Wake Forest limitations." I'm not convinced that we do have limitations, but if we do, it's because of the lack of vision of so many fans and leaders.

I agree that there are limitations, but I think our ceiling is much higher than our fans and our coaching staff make it out to be.

Back