• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mundy: Four-game skid is more of the same for Deacon fans

I graduated in 1990 and disagree with this. The doldrums were still there until Rodney & Randolph came for the 90/91 season. FSU wasn't even in the ACC back then - but Odom's first team in 89/90 that had Tucker/King/McQueen/Siler and even Ivy, still wasn't very good. They finished DFL in the ACC that year.

King and McQueen would fit right in these days. McQueen was an athletic point guard who couldn't shoot, and King was a very good Frosh who never got much better.

Haha, I'm just the messenger. Good work by whoever posted it though.

Hah, that guy is one of me and Waldo's bois from school. I keep telling him to post his long-winded lawyer takes on the boards but I don't think he has yet.

There are long winded lawyers who haven't posted yet? They aren't here already?

I graduated in 1990 and disagree with this. The doldrums were still there until Rodney & Randolph came for the 90/91 season. FSU wasn't even in the ACC back then - but Odom's first team in 89/90 that had Tucker/King/McQueen/Siler and even Ivy, still wasn't very good. They finished DFL in the ACC that year.

But I remember that first Odom team beat Virginia and State back to back on the road late in the season which gave the fanbase an indication that things were turning around.

But I remember that first Odom team beat Virginia and State back to back on the road late in the season which gave the fanbase an indication that things were turning around.

Wake teams can't win on the road. Never happened.

Somebody needs to make Mundy staple his tits to his balls and make him do sit ups.

Somebody needs to make Mundy staple his tits to his balls and make him do sit ups.

this could be accomplished with him lying prone so long as you removed jaybone, bz and wellman's mouths from his hairless sack

It was really sad trying to find a good ACC comparison for [Redacted]. I couldn't find one.

Matt Doherty was reviled after posting a 10-22 ACC record over 2 seasons. Bob Staak had 3 winning seasons with players he developed at Xavier (from 1982-1985) and a 35-78 overall Wake Forest record (couldn't find his ACC record) over 4 seasons versus a 7.53 average strength of schedule. Jeff [Redacted] has had no winning seasons with players he's developed/two winning seasons with another coach's (Joe Scott's and Chris Mooney's) already developed, senior-laden teams, owns a 48-70 overall Wake Forest record versus a 5.21 average strength of schedule, and has posted a 14-46 ACC record over 3.5 seasons.

Meanwhile, Jeff [Redacted] hides in a locked Athletic Department closet blaming his pitiful career on anyone who's been near the University of Colorado's basketball facilities or the Miller Center, and Ron Wellman says the basketball program's doing better than ever cutting [Redacted] $1+ million checks and recruiting players by throwing darts at phone directories.

Last edited:
It was really sad trying to find a good ACC comparison for [Redacted]. I couldn't find one.

Matt Doherty was reviled after posting a 10-22 ACC record over 2 seasons. Bob Staak had 3 winning seasons with players he developed at Xavier (from 1982-1985) and a 35-78 overall Wake Forest record (couldn't find his ACC record) over 4 seasons versus a 7.53 average strength of schedule. Jeff [Redacted] has had no winning seasons with players he's developed/two winning seasons with another coach's (Joe Scott's and Chris Mooney's) already developed, senior-laden teams, owns a 48-70 overall Wake Forest record versus a 5.21 average strength of schedule, and has posted a 14-46 ACC record over 3.5 seasons.

Meanwhile, Jeff [Redacted] hides in a locked Athletic Department closet blaming his pitiful career on anyone who's been near the University of Colorado's basketball facilities or the Miller Center, and Ron Wellman says the basketball program's doing better than ever cutting [Redacted] $1+ million checks and recruiting players by throwing darts at phone directories.

Staak's ACC record:
0-14, 2-12, 3-11, 3-11, 1-4 in ACCT

Interestingly enough, two of Staak's Wake teams were stronger squads according to Basketball Reference's SRS than any of Bzzz's teams at Wake, including this season.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/wake-forest/

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to get rid of a coach when he has one year left on his contract as opposed to four, three, and two years, respectively. And now 99 percent of the fanbase is against this guy whereas just a year ago it was more like 70-75 percent.

No. There were multiple poles near the end of last season and the most favorable result (from a BuzzIN perspective) was that one of those poles said that 85% wanted him gone.

I'm still of the opinion that I don't see a lot of talent on our team. I posted during last year's season that we had 2 and 1/2 ACC caliber players with CMM being the half. This year, he has morphed into an ACC player to give us three. Next year, we will be down to two and hope Shelton will become the third. Next year we will still have shooting and rebounding issues. As I have posted earlier--sorry, I don't see the improvement other than beating +300 ranked teams.

I'm still of the opinion that I don't see a lot of talent on our team. I posted during last year's season that we had 2 and 1/2 ACC caliber players with CMM being the half. This year, he has morphed into an ACC player to give us three. Next year, we will be down to two and hope Shelton will become the third. Next year we will still have shooting and rebounding issues. As I have posted earlier--sorry, I don't see the improvement other than beating +300 ranked teams.
No need to apologize, you're spot on. We don't have enough talent and other teams have figured out what we can do (or can't do).

King and McQueen would fit right in these days. McQueen was an athletic point guard who couldn't shoot, and King was a very good Frosh who never got much better.

chris king would be the best player on this team by a factor of 7

Joakim Blom, a big Swedish guy, was born in Mar 1976 and NBA draft eligible (regular) in 1998 (age 22). He was expected at Wake both in the fall of 1994 and 1995, but never got past NCAA clearinghouse.

Chris Ellis would be the best player on this team

Back