• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Feelings on Wake Basketball

You probably didn't have a message board where everyone was constantly talking about the state of the program and how Bzz should go eat unwiped ass. That would have a huge impact on peoples opinion.

That's an excellent point. Personally I am very pissed at the state of our program, but I do not think or wish or advise, the Bzzz go eat unwiped ass. ;)

You probably didn't have a message board where everyone was constantly talking about the state of the program and how Bzz should go eat unwiped ass. That would have a huge impact on peoples opinion.

Well, we did talk about how Staak tried to eat the unwiped ass of female students and profs.

But you've come across another brilliant excuse for Bz and Ron. You should email them so they can use the message board excuse for our sucking. Beats the throwing the players under the bus excuse for sucking.

I would imagine that he had a little more leverage during the extension but I don't know that for fact. I disagree with you on Wellman wanting to remove Skip (but find it a refreshing hypothesis that may have some merit) because, though his last two seasons were bad and his seat was warming, he had more than enough capital and charisma to keep himself off the hot seat. If I may ask, why do you not think that the innuendos pass the muster?

If Wellman had led out that the program was in need of some cultural change up front, or if he said that he and Dino didn't share the same core values or anything to suggest that there was something there, then believing it later wouldn't have been that much of a stretch to me.

The culture change talk and suggestions of infidelity weren't around at the time of his firing. It makes it hard for me to buy that was the driving cause at the time. And the follow up notions that Wellman was "protecting" Dino by not telling the hush-hush true nature of his ouster doesn't wash for me because he fired the guy in pretty public display while saying the reasons were because of his lack of success in March - looking at his hire, one would have a terribly tough time convincing me he was doing anything but taking a pot-shot at Dino, rather than protecting him.

In the end, I could type for a few hours why I think the suggestions that came out later have no bearing on why he was fired but the bottom line is that they simply don't make sense. At least not to me.

Actually, in some ways, this is different than Staak because at the time, I didn't know ANYONE that wanted Staak to stay. In the case of message boards today, it is far more informative to me how many people support Coach [Redacted]. So web forums might actually have less of an impact than you think. Or even an inverse. How many lurkers do you think have come here to read with their pitchfork to only leave w/ a Wait-n-See mentality (at least for a time)?

For me, it's gotten really bad. Not only do I not care about our games enough to even know when we are playing, but I've totally lost interest in college basketball altogether. I used to be die hard and would schedule everything around Wake games -- and I'd spend most nights watching games in other conferences. Now I do neither.

HeavyPetter, could you now share with us your feelings about, heck i don't know...

You have it all wrong. Bzzzz eats unwiped ass (according to the tags) and we would like him to stop.

You have it all wrong. Bzzzz eats unwiped ass (according to the tags) and we would like him to stop.

ahhh got ya, my bad. That sort of humor is just over my head. Sorry for screwing up that brilliant joke.

No doubt, it is painful to watch some Wake games, and others, when they actually play pretty well, are fine. I haven't been to a game in person since the ACC tourney loss to Miami in Dino's last year. That game was just as painful to watch as these are, maybe more painful because then, we actually had talent to beat teams. Today, we do not, so my expectations are lower. One thing I do not get is personal attacks on Bzz' character. Okay, he isn't doing a great job as Wake Bball coach right now. I'm not arguing that. IMO, it shows a weakness in the character of the person posting to make a personal attack on players of coaches. Flame away if you want, but that is my opinion.

Back