• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Top 10 Buzz Era Memories

JOJESMA

Reaction score
1. Buzz losing the first and every press conference.
2. Buzz in front of the bench clapping and clapping and clapping....
3. Buzz winning 2 road games in 4 years and asking myself if a team using X's and O's drawn by Ray Charles could not
have done better.
4. Buzz in front of the bench clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping....
5. Buzz showing the only shred of emotion when he cussed out the Miami fan.
6. Buzz in front of the bench clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping....
7. Buzz's unforgettable collection of ties.
8. Buzz in front of the bench clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping and clapping....
9. Buzz being so bad that the athletic dept. had to offer cash rewards to the student body in an attempt to get them to
attend games. There was only one winner all year and finally they gave up and stopped the practice.
10.Buzz clapping and clapping until, hopefully, Bob McCreary agrees to donate $1,000 towards the new coaches salary
for each of Buzz's claps. This should give us enough to get Shaka or Marshall, or both.

The only real 100% happy moment I remember from the [Redacted] era was JT Terrell hitting that buzzer beater against Iowa.

You forgot a few in the name of culture. It's all about the culture.

Standing his friend up for dinner.
Fuck You Buddy!
Giving Tabb 2nd and 3rd chances with his academics and off court conduct.
Not taking live questions on his show.
Letting Ty stay and finish after being an unindicted co-conspirator.
Basically telling our PGs they were being replaced by better players.
Stopping the recruitment of Larkin - we don't want early exits to the Association.

Last edited:
My favorite was on last nite's radio show where he exclaimed " If you throw enough spaghetti against the wall, some of it has stick"

Machine gun time outs and "if they didn't go on that 27-5 run we'd be right in the game"

No particular order:

WXII Interview: I'm the man
Headphones at this year's media day
Ties
Clapping
UNC rebounding

this:
untitled-180.jpg

Mentally tougher from the neck up
Miami Fan
billboard
the era of unwiped ass

My favorite memories are Wellman speaking on the behalf of [Redacted] at halftimes and postgames and then making the f decision to not take live questions on the weekly radio shows. Good times.

The Iona game from 2012 is one of the most amazing(ly awful) things I've ever seen in my life. At any level of collegiate athletics. That game will always stay with me, long after Bz is organizing his tie rack somewhere else.

The halftime interview when [Redacted] lauded our rebounding, then ESPN immediately going in-studio to a laughing Dino who points out we're getting killed on the boards.

The Iona game from 2012 is one of the most amazing(ly awful) things I've ever seen in my life. At any level of collegiate athletics. That game will always stay with me, long after Bz is organizing his tie rack somewhere else.
Here's the full game if anyone wants to watch this again. How we get down 41-5 in this is just astounding.

Back