• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Top 10 Buzz Era Memories

LOL local news lady just killing Buzz, that never gets old. Sad to think she's the only member of the media who's asked him a tough question in his four years here.

Collins_Dan.jpg

"I apologize to everybody because I didn't come in there and go from 7 wins to 27 wins. But if you do it that way, probably you're doing something that isn't right."
:tard:

Denver Nuggets '02-'03: 17 wins
Denver Nuggets '03-'04: 43 wins

Something's not right here...

Didn't the athletics department send a really stern phone call to WXII like 2 minutes after this interview ended?

Somehow that's the first time I've ever watched the WXII video. What a fucking weirdo.

I can't wait till Bzz starts doing interviews after he's fired. Zero chance he takes the high road and blame the failings on himself.

Of course not. You'd think taking 6 mil from this program would be enough, but in his little pea head he's slopped up he and ron's little contrived narrative so much, that he actually believes he should be a coach of the year candidate.

The only good thing is ron's little weird monster is going to come back and bite him. I do not see a resignation forthcoming. Won't be surprised if this guy wastes one of our last scholly's on a quadriplegic just to really stick it to us. This means Ron's going to have to fire him. That won't vibe well with his little thank you speech he had planned.

"I apologize to everybody because I didn't come in there and go from 7 wins to 27 wins. But if you do it that way, probably you're doing something that isn't right."
:tard:

Tell me he did not say this.

LOL local news lady just killing Buzz, that never gets old. Sad to think she's the only member of the media who's asked him a tough question in his four years here.

I would appreciate it if you tried to be polite instead of making hurtful commentary.

Didn't the athletics department send a really stern phone call to WXII like 2 minutes after this interview ended?

It's impossible to name all the great things about this interview...Look at the handshake he gives her at the end...The fact he almost forgot the website...The "I am the man" statement...the invisible piano...

I am laughing to myself at my desk

there are so many incredible things about this thread. truly some amazing moments. if i was made of money i would produce a 30 for 30 on this debacle. it would be riveting.

still love the suitcase pic.

I've kind if avoided listening to the guy talk for the past four years. That decision has been reaffirmed.
So much ass burgers.

Yep, one of the best moments was the WXII anchor busting Bzz's balls and seeing him get his Depends ruffled.

"It's not terrible. In fact. It's been great"

Either that or the fact that it takes 30 seconds for him to formulate his first complete sentence has to be my favorite part.

It's impossible to name all the great things about this interview...Look at the handshake he gives her at the end...The fact he almost forgot the website...The "I am the man" statement...the invisible piano...

When he delivers the "I am the man" line, it makes me think he had just seen the "I'm the one who knocks" or "Say my name" episode of BB (and had seen Jaybone's avatar) and thought he was perfecting an homage to Walter White.

The halftime interview when [Redacted] lauded our rebounding, then ESPN immediately going in-studio to a laughing Dino who points out we're getting killed on the boards.

Posted this on another thread.

Quint Kessenich: "Coach, what was the single key development in that first half?"

Jeff [Redacted]: "Well I thought we did a pretty good job on the boards."

12931400815_eab7a83205.jpg

He didn't almost forget the website, I'm pretty sure he made the whole thing up. "we also have a website, uhh, uhh, at uhh, is, is, uhhhh, winston salem.... uhhhh.... basketball... gala... dot org!" And then someone from the AD immediately went to Godaddy and registered winstonsalembasketballgaladotorg.com

The time I told him we were getting killed on the glass and he needed to recruit some big men.

And he asked me if 6'8 and 6'10 was big enough?

No dumbass, not any big men, but GOOD big men who can play WELL in the ACC.

Seriously. There are good and even decent YMCA youth coaches that would not be this stupid regarding their team's first-half performance. GIF is a classic microcosm of the Bz "error".

Back