• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NAFTA

And no ITC I think I explained that.
However are you telling me its impossible to monetize the benefits of a better deal?

no, but saying something like "reducing our trade deficit will let us pay for the wall!" just makes no sense

So the US government and economy will not benefit from a better trade deal? Mexico will lose no money from the new deal? There is nothing wrong with the current deal? Ha holy fuck.

Are you ever going to answer?

The better our economy the bigger the trade deficit with Mexico grows. We love their products, have over 35 Million people of Mexican who buy Mexican products, there are 260% MORE Americans than Mexicans. We make almost 4 TIMES as much money as they do.

Could you PLEASE explain to me how a country with 36% of the number of people of another country and whose people earn 25% as much as the bigger country could ever buy as much as it sells to the bigger country?

In case 89 has me on ignore, could someone copy this for him to see and answer.

Effects of NAFTA on Canada, US, and Mexico (just a brief Wikipedia version, but seems pretty legit): link.

Quote:
----------
In a 2012 survey of leading economists, 95% supported the notion that on average, U.S. citizens benefited on NAFTA.
----------

Effects of NAFTA on Canada, US, and Mexico (just a brief Wikipedia version, but seems pretty legit): link.

Quote:
----------
In a 2012 survey of leading economists, 95% supported the notion that on average, U.S. citizens benefited on NAFTA.
----------

hoo boy, here come the ivory tower assholes telling us how to live

remember, Trump's been listening to the voters. The voters told Trump NAFTA was bad, and the dems lost the most winnable election of their lifetimes for not listening, so yeah fuck NAFTA

NAFTA is the worst deal ever made. Has to be. Trump said so.

Seems we really need more leverage vs China. Like we were trying to gain with the TPP (which did not include China). Too bad.

The better our economy the bigger the trade deficit with Mexico grows. We love their products, have over 35 Million people of Mexican who buy Mexican products, there are 260% MORE Americans than Mexicans. We make almost 4 TIMES as much money as they do.

Could you PLEASE explain to me how a country with 36% of the number of people of another country and whose people earn 25% as much as the bigger country could ever buy as much as it sells to the bigger country?

I get no value from engaging you. Honestly I don't feel compelled to respond. I am sorry RJ I dont have you on ignore though so there's that.
I am still gonna fire insults from time to time but just for old times sake.

I get no value from engaging you. Honestly I don't feel compelled to respond. I am sorry RJ I dont have you on ignore though so there's that.
I am still gonna fire insults from time to time but just for old times sake.

There are no insults there. There are facts. Why can't you address the facts civilly?

Basically, what I showed illustrates why we have a trade deficit with Mexico. I'd love to see your response about how a much smaller, much poorer nation can be expected to buy the same amount of goods and services as a 260% larger over 400% nation does.

Hiding without responding to this is about not being able to rather than who posted it.

Your mistakes are just typos?? Ok.

I'm so tired of the word "deal"

9irAwfSaqg1JS.gif

If we asked Donald Trump right now to explain NAFTA and how it works do you think he could do it?

Just the basic parts of it, not even getting into the really hard economic stuff.

There are no insults there. There are facts. Why can't you address the facts civilly?

Basically, what I showed illustrates why we have a trade deficit with Mexico. I'd love to see your response about how a much smaller, much poorer nation can be expected to buy the same amount of goods and services as a 260% larger over 400% nation does.

Hiding without responding to this is about not being able to rather than who posted it.

lol I don't hide, cower or run away from anything. I just don't honestly like engaging you. I am sorry buddy.

One of the biggest, if not the biggest, losers if Trump ends NAFTA or puts in tariffs will be US farmers. The tens of billions in subsidies we pay them allows massive exports to Mexico. They will be the very first products hit with tariffs from Mexico.

If we asked Donald Trump right now to explain NAFTA and how it works do you think he could do it?

Just the basic parts of it, not even getting into the really hard economic stuff.

If you asked what the acronym stood for, I don't think he would know. I'm not sure he could name all 50 states if we're being honest.

lol I don't hide, cower or run away from anything. I just don't honestly like engaging you. I am sorry buddy.

No problems, you bring up a subject. You make statements and when confronted facts you hide behind not liking me. Hmmm...

I want it all gone, I want health insurance gone, I want trade deals gone, I want tariffs, I want a wall, I want every immigrant gone. I want every excuse for people who's lives are complete shit to be taken out of the equation. Then when it's all fucking gone them to stand in front of a mirror and finally realize, oh damn I'm the problem, my shitty life is my own fault.

I want it all gone, I want health insurance gone, I want trade deals gone, I want tariffs, I want a wall, I want every immigrant gone. I want every excuse for people who's lives are complete shit to be taken out of the equation. Then when it's all fucking gone them to stand in front of a mirror and finally realize, oh damn I'm the problem, my shitty life is my own fault.

ya I bet he couldn't even spell it. oh man hes so dumb right guys? holy fuck if this isn't nerd talk I don't know what is.

Back