• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Name The Last Five Concerts You Paid To Attend

meh, I am a 30 year old white chick. I think I fall pretty squarely in the demographic for those artists and I enjoy them. Sorry my taste isn't hip enough for you :noidea:

I think he was saying that because you listed albums, although i am guessing those were the tours you saw?

It always brings an interesting crowd, I did it more for the chili and beer. Some of my friends were into some of those bands but Finger Eleven was a joke and has been an inside joke with us since, which was extra-bad since Maryland basketball took the court to "Paralyzed" the following year. This year's lineup was bad too (Panic! at the Disco, Papa Roach, Seether) except Weezer headlining but we didn't really pay for a ticket since we participated in the cookoff part and cleaned up in time to catch Weezer's act.

Actually now that I think about it we went to that 08 chili cookoff and then I split and headed to Ben's Chili Bowl and then Drive-By at the 9:30 Club...that was a BRUTAL day

Widespread Panic ( both nights in Asheville)
Yonder Mountain String Band
Avett Brothers (because the girlfriend)
The Black Keys
Drive By Truckers

Foo Fighters
Girl Talk (might have been free)
OAR
Tom Petty
SC State Fair (Miranda Lambert, Avett Brothers, Darius Rucker, Boys II Men) - different days but I grouped them together

Drive-By Truckers
Drive-By Truckers
Drive-By Truckers
Drive-By Truckers
Drive-By Truckers

I confess, after college I havent been to very many concerts.

October 2010 - Carrie Underwood/Billy Currington
June 2009 - Taylor Swift/Kellie Pickler
Summer of 2007 - Jason Aldean at the Red Rooster (RIP)

Dave Matthews (Caravan in Atlantic City, also saw Guster, OAR, Dave & Tim, and Fitz and the Tantrums)
Minus the Bear (Wilmington, NC)
Glasvegas (Black Cat in DC, with The Dig, who was awesome)
30 Seconds to mars (Partiot Center at George Mason, Anberlin opened, was better than 30StM)
Jukebox the Ghost (Black Cat in DC, with Wakey!Wakey! who was awesome)

Just because a band is touring in support of a recently released album, it doesn't mean that the tour has that title.

Whatever, it was my way of indicating the timeline without actual dates because I couldn't 100% remember when all the concerts were. No need to be a douche about it.

Cake
Kool and the Gang
Rock the Bells (Nas, Tribe Called Quest, De la Soul, et al.)
Perpetual Groove
Some random guy on the Quad with a beer garden

Titus Andronicus (in D.C.)
(FREE Love Language concert)
Titus Andronicus (in Chapel Hill)
Sunset Rubdown
Cursive/Man Man (Man Man was opening; didn't stay for full Cursive set)
Spoon

Last edited:
Phish
Rock The bells (wu-tang, quest, snoop, lauryn hill)
galactic
big gigantic, pretty meh
does five bucks for a Talking Heads cover band count?

missed dead prez last sat. and was totes bummed about it.

I go to a lot of small club shows so I'm not going to mention those. The last five arena/auditorium shows were:

The National
Wilco (x2)
My Morning Jacket
Leonard Cohen
Arcade Fire

Back