• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nashville vs Miss St.!!

Bowl games don't reward success or merit. They reward fanbase size and ratings potential. Or they are forced to take you.

Yes and still somewhat humorous to me as a resident of the DC area that gets to hear from Terps all of the time how "big time" they are

Cbs has been adamant about this. Who do they have in the Peach?

I think this is old. CBS has changed their report.
UVa in Chic Fil A.
At this point, no way WFU is not in the Music City.

I think this is old. CBS has changed their report.
UVa in Chic Fil A.
At this point, no way WFU is not in the Music City.

I want to believe you, but I won't believe it 100% until I see it officially confirmed. I just don't want us to get our hopes up then to get our hearts ripped out once again.

the coaches have already had a meeting with the players we are playing Miss St. in the Music City bowl what more proof do you want?

PS can we go the MSU route and schedule LA Tech, Tenn-Martin, and two awful CUSA teams OOC? MSU had to beat Kentucky and Mississippi to make a bowl game with four wins against a WAC team (though LA Tech isn't terrible), a non-qualifier and two teams that went a combined 5-19 while playing in Conference USA. We easily could have been 9-3 with their OOC schedule.

You fail to mention they lost to:

LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
South Carolina
Georgia
Auburn

PS can we go the MSU route and schedule LA Tech, Tenn-Martin, and two awful CUSA teams OOC? MSU had to beat Kentucky and Mississippi to make a bowl game with four wins against a WAC team (though LA Tech isn't terrible), a non-qualifier and two teams that went a combined 5-19 while playing in Conference USA. We easily could have been 9-3 with their OOC schedule.

At 9-3, we still go to the Music City bowl this year, and get much less media coverage this year than we did playing Notre Dame. Beating La Tech on ESPN3 doesn't help recruiting any more than losing a close game to Notre Dame on primetime ABC.

How does that have anything to do with their awesome OOC schedule?

At 9-3, we still go to the Music City bowl this year, and get much less media coverage this year than we did playing Notre Dame. Beating La Tech on ESPN3 doesn't help recruiting any more than losing a close game to Notre Dame on primetime ABC.

That's very true, but it may have helped if we didn't get to six wins due to our 5-3 conference mark.

I think we get more media coverage at 9-3 with a weak schedule than we do with a 6-6 record and this years schedule. We would be on the cusp of the top 25 just for being in the ACC.

That's very true, but it may have helped if we didn't get to six wins due to our 5-3 conference mark.

True, but we didn't need to. Scheduling Vandy sure as hell isn't helping us though.

You fail to mention they lost to:

LSU
Alabama
Arkansas
South Carolina
Georgia
Auburn

Yeah, that makes our schedule look like child's play..ouch...that's the gauntlet right there...4 Top 10 teams and Georgia and Auburn are also both 25...

So glad to get this rather than Shreveport. Miss St. will be a very, very, very tough opponent and beating them will look great for our program (obviously)

State is a tough match-up for us. They run the ball very well with a big QB (Relf) and two good tailbacks Ballard and Perkiins.

They also have two big time corners - I mean SEC big time corners.

They do not throw the ball well at all.

We need to break out the 4-3 for the DAWGS

Back