• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

No way lakers include bynum in addition to what was proposed. Maybe in place of pau and throw in a #1 or two.

No way lakers include bynum in addition to what was proposed. Maybe in place of pau and throw in a #1 or two.

But there's a reason that neither the Hornets nor the Rockets wanted Bynum. Rumor has it that the Rockets were going to use their cap space to offer Nene the maximum and the Hornets can't do anything with Okafor's contract, so they were resigned to keeping him.

Bynum was offered, but Pau was preferred by all parties.

I'd argue that it's more a sign of collusion that the league prevented the Rockets from offering Nene, in favor of a future-Brooklyn market, but that's another story/conspiracy entirely.

I'd argue that it's more a sign of collusion that the league prevented the Rockets from offering Nene, in favor of a future-Brooklyn market, but that's another story/conspiracy entirely.
Nets were having talks with Orlando to move Howard to Jersey/Brooklyn. Although they are also pursuing Nene as well, if the Howard trade went through it would be interesting to see if the league suddenly allowed this trade.

Nets were having talks with Orlando to move Howard to Jersey/Brooklyn. Although they are also pursuing Nene as well, if the Howard trade went through it would be interesting to see if the league suddenly allowed this trade.

Following the allegations of tampering, I would imagine that anybody willing to trade for Howard is going to have to go through Orlando. In my mind, that makes me think that Nene is going to Jersey and the Magic will send Howard out of the East to the Western Conference.

That is assuming, of course, that the Magic trade him at all. They are still, in my mind, a contender in the East until proven otherwise (and no, the perfect storm vs. Atlanta last year isn't particularly convincing to me).

The magic aren't contending for anything

But there's a reason that neither the Hornets nor the Rockets wanted Bynum. Rumor has it that the Rockets were going to use their cap space to offer Nene the maximum and the Hornets can't do anything with Okafor's contract, so they were resigned to keeping him.

Bynum was offered, but Pau was preferred by all parties.

Yea, it's bizarre, but it seems like one of the big losers in this whole thing is the Rockets. They've been trying to get Nene for a while now, and this recent breakthrough was scuttled pretty quickly.

Wait.... what happened w the rockets offering nene?

i think by trading lee, martin, and scola, they would have had enough cap room to offer a max deal.

They weren't going to give nene a max deal, were they?

Yea, the front court of Nene + Gasol was looking stout to go along with Lowry, Lee, Buddinger etc

Is Nene that good to receive a max deal? I don't follow much NBA so I don't know

Well he's going to the Nets for 4 years/$60m probably. The Rockets got totally boned by the NBA, lost the two guys they wanted, and now have to keep two guys they tried to trade.

Funny thing is, people are saying Rockets-Hornets-Lakers have resumed trade talks. But if Nene signs with New Jersey then I'm not sure if the Rockets will still want to go through with it.

Sad about Brandon Roy. I know I'm late to the news, but that sucks. I always liked Roy.

Well he's going to the Nets for 4 years/$60m probably. The Rockets got totally boned by the NBA, lost the two guys they wanted, and now have to keep two guys they tried to trade.

Never really thought he was that good whenever I watched highlights or an actual game

nene is a nice player who wouldn't ordinarily be a max contract guy. the dearth of good free agents certainly plays into it.

Bulls apparently closing in on Rip Hamilton. Although not an exceptional 3PT shooter, he'd be a huge upgrade offensively over Keith Bogans.

Something big about to happen with new orleans. Sign and trade david west to Boston is in the works.

Rest of the owners aren't going to be pleased with Boston getting a FIFTH all star for 75% of his market value (West taking less money)

Hornets getting back Jermaine O Neill? More salary to make the Gilberts of the world happy to the Lakers? I guess the Lakeshow will need some bodies if they dump Gasol and Odom.

Plus in the whole rigged NBA scenario, I suppose you can't give the Lakers CP3 without balancing it out with giving the celtics another all star.

Can Garnett play center?:tard:

As the Hornets owner, how can Stern allow the Demps to trade West for a bunch of garbage. If there ever was a time for a "basketball reasons" veto, it is now.

This West deal is way more outlandish than the CP3 deal, but that deal is ok to go through. I love the NBA but Stern honestly should step down. He is completely ruining the league with this precedent.

Back