• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

Spurs with a nice first quarter, up 30-20. Duncan filled the stat sheet well for 1 quarter, with 8 points, 3 boards, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.

Last edited:
Spurs are playing the Mavs. It's on regional Fox SW I think. I am just checking the boxscore.

The thunder are my favorite. I love KD, Westbrook, and Harden. So fun to watch

D-Rose with a late 3 to send Bulls/Pacers into OT.

PS Is anyone else upset by the fact that Tyler Hansbrough is now a productive NBA player? Dude's been killing it the last 5 games or so.

Spurs with a big win at the Mavs tonight. They are up in the division by 7.5 now with 14 to play. If it wasn't sewn up already, this all but clinches the division for the Spurs in reality. The Conference and league best are not far off as well.

Tough night for the Cats though. A loss coupled with an Indiana win (over the Bulls and 42 points by Rose) puts them 1.5 back from the 8th spot.

Starting to think my ROCKETS could get in the playoffs. The next 2 games are huge. Both Houston and Memphis have Utah at home. Those are the 3 teams vying for position, so there could be some serious movement.

Really impressed with the Blazers this year, the Gerald Wallace trade was super sneaky and has already paid off dividends. Don't really have a team because I will never be able to get behind the Bobcats. My wet dream is that they get contracted by the league, then the NBA moves the Hornets back to Charlotte and resign CP3.

D-Rose with a late 3 to send Bulls/Pacers into OT.

PS Is anyone else upset by the fact that Tyler Hansbrough is now a productive NBA player? Dude's been killing it the last 5 games or so.

Hansbrough has been killing it. I'm pissed. :wtf:

Tonights games are interesting. Heat up by 9 on Nuggets at the half. Nuggets coming off a tough loss to the Magic last night, but I think they can still win this game and come back on the Heat (as has been done quite frequently over the last few weeks).

Bobcats could get a big win if they can somehow beat the Spurs, but I don't see that happening.

I actually read a couple weeks back Jordan has spoken to the NBA about getting the Hornets name back to Charlotte and re-branding the franchise in New Orleans.

Pipe dream, I'm sure, but bringing back the Hornets to Charlotte could turn around support for that team in an instant.

Charlotte needs competence more than the Hornets name brand.

Jordan has no clue what he is doing and Higgins is just his lap dog.

Glad I can post in an NBA thread without that ass Deac83

You do know this is the internet and nothing is private?

So are the Mavs trying to get down to 4th to avoid the Lakers in the 2nd round? Might be the only way they get to see the Spurs.

Spurs smacked down the bobcats while starting Splitter and resting Duncan.

Spurs magic numbers 8 (best NBA record)/7 (best West record).

James fucking pwned Durant last night. From the main Raptors fan site:

The Thunder attack was countered with excellent man-to-man defense on their main weapon, Kevin Durant, by James Johnson who did not concede an inch and didn’t show any respect whatsoever to the superstar. His drives were sealed off without the need of extra help, his attack angles were taken away at the perimeter and he was kept outside the paint for the most part (shot chart). The trash-talking between the two had also started early after Durant challenged Johnson to take a corner three, and the former Bull drained it before giving Durant an earful. That kind of thing spurs every teammate on and it no doubt did a lot for the team’s confidence, which was already buoyed by the earlier victory in Toronto...

After the Thunder took a one-point lead, James Johnson embarrassed Kevin Durant on a blow-by dunk. Sound of silence. 3:11 left.

James had 12 and 6 on 5/9 shooting... but his main contribution was holding Durant to 6-21 from the field.

Wo. Good job JJ. Make defense your trademark and there will always be a team out there willing to put you on it.

Duncan injured his ankle in the first quarter tonight. X-rays are negative, but the early reports are saying he may be out 2 weeks. However, the Spurs said this about Parker and he was back much sooner. The Spurs are sure to be very cautious with his return. It will be very telling to see how long he is out and how he looks when he returns. If it nags him, it could be trouble.

The Spurs are still up in the 3rd tonight on the Warriors though. Also, random stat of the night, with the 3 rebounds before he got injured Duncan tied Rodman for 21st all-time in NBA rebounds with 11,954.

Back