• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

Perk also wanted about double what the C's were willing to pay him, so they traded him instead of losing him in free agency.

To me you never throw away a title shot in the here and now for the future. The C's days are numbered anyway. They may be alright, but I don't think they'll win it solely because of this trade.

Thanks! Ready for the playoffs as well.

Duncan going down could end up being a blessing if Splitter plays well enough to earn some playoff minutes.

I still think Denver could beat OK City. They are my Western conference sleeper, though I think the Spurs will be able to beat them in a 7gamer.

The problem is that OK City lacks depth and Denver has it in spades. Denver might just overwhelm OK City if they can steal on in Stillwater or wherever the hell OK City plays.

In the East, my sleeper is Orlando. I think they can get all the way through to the Finals.

Thanks! Ready for the playoffs as well.

Duncan going down could end up being a blessing if Splitter plays well enough to earn some playoff minutes.

I still think Denver could beat OK City. They are my Western conference sleeper, though I think the Spurs will be able to beat them in a 7gamer.

The problem is that OK City lacks depth and Denver has it in spades. Denver might just overwhelm OK City if they can steal on in Stillwater or wherever the hell OK City plays.

In the East, my sleeper is Orlando. I think they can get all the way through to the Finals.

Why aren't CP and Dwight Howard on the same team yet?

For one, New Orleans is in limbo land so if they make any trade that involves David West or CP3, other teams led by Dallas Mavericks owner and Charlie Sheen groper, Mark Cuban will go apeshit.

New Orleans is hamstrung on any major trade until they have an owner other than the NBA head office.

chicago and okc have to be the most freedarko contenders in a while. even though it would mean my boys were out, that would be a fun series.

doug collins seems to do really well for a year or two before he pisses off his players and they quit on him. sort of a larry brown-lite. same story with scott skiles.

doug collins seems to do really well for a year or two before he pisses off his players and they quit on him. sort of a larry brown-lite. same story with scott skiles.

This. Which gives Collins another year to peak and get a 6 seed!

David West is out for the season with an injury, so go ahead and stick a fork in the Hornets doing anything in the playoffs. (Not that they were going to, anyway.) I think it's likely they also drop down from the #7 to the #8 seed; they're 1 game up on the Grizzlies right now with 10 games to play.

has Walt Frazier always attempted to to rhyme every sentence with his commentary? And does it really count as rhyming if he's making up words?

"Look at Amare, driving and fliving!"

These questions demand answers.

Not that I'm watching it tonight, but I just saw the Warriors scored 84 points. In the first half.

Umm. Wow.

You're right, because the Celtics "pretty much sucked" before the playoffs last year, and we all know they flamed out in the first round as a result.

Trading Perkins was a mistake. It fucked up the psyche of the team.

I was at that game tonight and (off topic) it was pretty embarrassing that there seemed to be as many Knick fans there as Bobcat fans. I don't remember the Hornets EVER having their homecourt advantage completely annihilated like what happens to the Bobcats when popular teams visit. It always seemed like the Hornets were Charlotte's team, whereas the Bobcats - for whatever reason - aren't. Disappointing. Sorry. </rant>

Fun game though.

New York lost again tonight.

There was a analyst who said a few months ago that Carmelo is the most overrated player in the NBA and I believed him after reading his article. The play of Denver and New York since the trade is helping his case.

I think it was Hollinger.

It is not so much that Carmelo is overrated than it is New York just gave up waaaay too much.

Melo's achilles heel is he simply doesn't make the players around him better. He is like Dominique Wilkins in that regard. He still is a phenomenal player though, but the Knicks would be fine if they had kept Wilson Chandler.

Back