• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

don't look now but the lake show is only 4 back of the spurs...

(i know it's still super unlikely but the spurs have lost 3 in a row and now manu is hurt...)

Also the team NY had before the trade actually fit D'Antoni's style.. a 7 seconds or less offense with rapid ball movement.

Now you've got old man Billups trying to speed up his game, and the ball sticks whenever it gets in the hands of Melo or Amare. Their depth is also terrible now so they crumble every 4th quarter. It's just a horribly constructed team.

Also, the Nuggets look awesome now.

D'antoni is a lot of the problem for the knicks. he's an awful coach, doesnt do defense, has no clue how to manage substitutions, with the trade his personnel has changed to much to run his system but he is either unwilling or unable to adapt.

Phil Jackson will be the coach of the knicks by the 2012-2013 season.

D'antoni is a lot of the problem for the knicks. he's an awful coach, doesnt do defense, has no clue how to manage substitutions, with the trade his personnel has changed to much to run his system but he is either unwilling or unable to adapt.

Phil Jackson will be the coach of the knicks by the 2012-2013 season.

What? Why would Phil Jackson coach the Knicks? He has been trying to retire for 5 years, and he has more money and rings than anyone. Phil Jackson is not Larry Brown.

Rondo is shooting 29.2% from the field for the last 2 weeks+. Celtics are 5-7 during that span.

You do know this is the internet and nothing is private?

So are the Mavs trying to get down to 4th to avoid the Lakers in the 2nd round? Might be the only way they get to see the Spurs.

Spurs smacked down the bobcats while starting Splitter and resting Duncan.

Spurs magic numbers 8 (best NBA record)/7 (best West record).

If I had wanted that private I wouldnt have posted it on a message board.

I obviously do not know you in real life but atleast on the boards you are an ass.

For one, New Orleans is in limbo land so if they make any trade that involves David West or CP3, other teams led by Dallas Mavericks owner and Charlie Sheen groper, Mark Cuban will go apeshit.

New Orleans is hamstrung on any major trade until they have an owner other than the NBA head office.

First this post made me laugh out loud

Second I do think Cuban has a point.

I think as a guy from Dallas I can easily equate this to the Texas Rangers baseball team. The MLB let the Rangers make trades last year under bankruptcy because they made the team better. Those trades led them to the World Series. I think other owners and MLB would not have liked it if the Rangers just started trading away talent for nothing just to save cash

Basically I dont think the NBA would let NO trade away West or Paul until someone has bought the team because it instantly decreses the teams value

What? Why would Phil Jackson coach the Knicks? He has been trying to retire for 5 years, and he has more money and rings than anyone. Phil Jackson is not Larry Brown.

because he played for the knicks, won two rings there, and was a fan favorite.http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/phil-jacksons-soft-spot-for-new-york/

"Yet somehow, Jackson never made it back to his N.B.A. roots, back to his favorite city, back to the corner of 33rd Street and Eighth Avenue. Jackson interviewed with the Knicks three times over the last three decades but the timing was never right."

“Phil is definitely a full-circle kind of a guy, and that would bring him full circle,” said Jeanie Buss, Jackson’s girlfriend and a Lakers executive.

If I had wanted that private I wouldnt have posted it on a message board.

I obviously do not know you in real life but atleast on the boards you are an ass.

Glad to see this board is about clASS

I only watched the OT last night, but it is weird to see Amare standing around watching Melo like he is Chris Anderson.

because he played for the knicks, won two rings there, and was a fan favorite.http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/02/11/phil-jacksons-soft-spot-for-new-york/

"Yet somehow, Jackson never made it back to his N.B.A. roots, back to his favorite city, back to the corner of 33rd Street and Eighth Avenue. Jackson interviewed with the Knicks three times over the last three decades but the timing was never right."

“Phil is definitely a full-circle kind of a guy, and that would bring him full circle,” said Jeanie Buss, Jackson’s girlfriend and a Lakers executive.

0% chance this happens. 0%.

For one, New Orleans is in limbo land so if they make any trade that involves David West or CP3, other teams led by Dallas Mavericks owner and Charlie Sheen groper, Mark Cuban will go apeshit.

New Orleans is hamstrung on any major trade until they have an owner other than the NBA head office.

Sorry I missed this response a week or so ago. I meant my "Why aren't CP and Dwight Howard on the same team yet?" almost philosophically. The stuff around NO's ownership makes sense and I knew that. I guess I don't get why Shinn didn't do the right thing and send CP to a real team before (i.e. even well before) he gave up team.

And, of course, why God allows them to not ball together. It's like the problem of evil, but worse!

Rockets keep doing their thing. Freaking Memphis needs to drop a couple for us to get in the playoffs though.

Owner Leslie Alexander is also saying Adelman's future is uncertain. Such shenanigans. Adelman has been nothing short of a miracle worker in Houston with all the injuries the team has had, and the team is also consistently near the top in many statistical categories.

Adelman and McMillan seems to get more out of less than almost any other coaches in the NBA. They do it year after year.

Seriously :laugh: at the heat.

Also, :laugh: at Dan Gilbert tweeting, "not in our garage" after the game. Apparently Lebron and his posse tried to park in the Cav's parking garage before the game and were turned away until they could get authorization. Even then, only Lebron was let in. :tard:

dan gilbert runs a team about like i would...when i was 13.

Back