• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

Duncan sprains his ankle in the 1st quarter against GS. X-rays negative.

Not only is Rose on fire, the Bulls are on fire tonight. 61% from the field and 67% from 3 right now. Hawks getting absolutely destroyed.

unless the bulls go something like 2-10 to end the season, the MVP will be derrick rose. stat geeks will be pissed.

meanwhile, the lakers are absolutely throwing up all over themselves and in the process of blowing a 20 point lead.

Quite a game.

Surprised Frye got that call, even though it was the right one. The refs going against the Lakers at home? Unheard of!

What a game that turned out to be. Nash and Kobe are ballers.

obviously those guys don't realize that the game ended at about 2:00 eastern time and i get up at 5:30. dragging ass today.

Big game for the Bobcats tonight against the Pacers. A win would get them back within a game of the Pacers for the 8th spot. However, even if they win tonight, the Bobcats would still be 1-3 on the season against the Pacers and lose in a tiebreak if it came to that.

The Bobcats are up 40-37 in the 2nd right now though.

And the Bobcats are outscored 57-35 in the 2nd half for an easy Pacers win. Puts them 3 back from the 8th spot with 12 to play. With the way they have been playing the past couple weeks I would say you can probably count them out at this point.

The Grizzlies just won't lose. So frustrating. Rockets have been red hot and can't seem to make up ground in the playoff hunt.

Also, based on the +/- tonight, Boston's bench is awful. Just don't see them doing much in the playoffs with their weak sister subs.

That Perkins trade was turrible. Their title hopes now rest on the shoulders of the corpse formerly known as Shaq.

And the Bobcats are outscored 57-35 in the 2nd half for an easy Pacers win. Puts them 3 back from the 8th spot with 12 to play. With the way they have been playing the past couple weeks I would say you can probably count them out at this point.

Makes you wonder where they'd be with Wallace.

James fucking pwned Durant last night. From the main Raptors fan site:

The Thunder attack was countered with excellent man-to-man defense on their main weapon, Kevin Durant, by James Johnson who did not concede an inch and didn’t show any respect whatsoever to the superstar. His drives were sealed off without the need of extra help, his attack angles were taken away at the perimeter and he was kept outside the paint for the most part (shot chart). The trash-talking between the two had also started early after Durant challenged Johnson to take a corner three, and the former Bull drained it before giving Durant an earful. That kind of thing spurs every teammate on and it no doubt did a lot for the team’s confidence, which was already buoyed by the earlier victory in Toronto...

After the Thunder took a one-point lead, James Johnson embarrassed Kevin Durant on a blow-by dunk. Sound of silence. 3:11 left.

James had 12 and 6 on 5/9 shooting... but his main contribution was holding Durant to 6-21 from the field.

Damn that's awesome. Someone please tell BKF that JJ can play defense!

That Perkins trade was turrible. Their title hopes now rest on the shoulders of the corpse formerly known as Shaq.

I think Kristic and Jeff Green have added some pretty good depth to their squad, Rondo has just been dragging them down this month. Perk is a great defensive player, but the C's needed some points off their bench, and a backup/replacement for Paul Pierce.

Yeah, definitely would be better with Wallace no question. Not just his stats but the energy that he brought to every game. Though the other thing that has been hurting them the most is Captain Jack's hamstring injury. Without either of those guys, they really don't have much of a chance in their current form.

I think Kristic and Jeff Green have added some pretty good depth to their squad, Rondo has just been dragging them down this month. Perk is a great defensive player, but the C's needed some points off their bench, and a backup/replacement for Paul Pierce.

That's the party line on the trade... but it also pissed off the whole team, and I think is partially the reason Rondo is sucking. Also, this move hurts them the most against their main competition for the title, the Lakers.

That's the party line on the trade... but it also pissed off the whole team, and I think is partially the reason Rondo is sucking. Also, this move hurts them the most against their main competition for the title, the Lakers.

Perk also wanted about double what the C's were willing to pay him, so they traded him instead of losing him in free agency.

Back