• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

Won't disagree, but you don't want to give Stern any chance to make LeDoosh a hero.

Ahhhh yes I'll agree with that. I was thinking just about the homecourt advantage aspect, in which I firmly believe that heat fans are terrible.

Won't disagree, but you don't want to give Stern any chance to make LeDoosh a hero.

Actually, I'm more worried about calls tonight than in a potential game 7. NBA has all the reason in the world to want a game 7 in one of the best and most watched Finals in years, especially to keep attention away from labor discussions for a few more days. They don't really have great incentive for Miami to actually win it though, not this year. Miami as the villain is a big draw and unifying factor for fanbases to root against; less compelling to root against them while asking "how many will they win?" as opposed to "will they ever win?". Meanwhile, I'd argue the NBA gets as much or more out of propping up Dirk as they do Lebron, once you factor in the international audience, which is as much Stern's pet project and legacy as anything; he becomes Europe's own version of Bird or Jordan, and an easy figure to market around overshores. Dirk's window is closing, Lebron will have many more chances, and honestly at this point it's probably easier to try and push Durant as the new NBA hero here while keeping Lebron and the Heat in the villain role. Having the DFW market grab its first ever basketball championship, and first one in anything this millennium, also offers much more then giving one of the worst professional sports markets a second one in 5 years. So long as Cuban keep his mouth shut, which could then even be used as precedent, I'd bet Stern actually prefers Dallas to win.

Barea is so money. Heat can't even start their offense until 12 left on the clock because of his defense.

Lebron's hitting shots?

Must be the first quarter.

Lebron and his 11 toes are tearing it up.

odd_photo_starts_internet_uproar_over_lebrons_nonexistent_sixth_toe.jpg

Back