• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Thread

Ph with a surprisingly poor take on the impact/importance of avoidable bad PR. The Decision was a terrible idea because it ruined a formerly positive image, creating a new public image that was the opposite of the one desired. It was the most comprehensive, unnecessary PR backfire I've ever seen. It turned the casual fan and non-fan against Lebron. It was an unmitigated disaster.

The ratings for the finals disagree with you.

There are still a bunch of Lebron fans.

I said at the time that it was the biggest switch from good guy to bad guy since Hulk Hogan joined the NWO.

what is this whole "individual game" thing

and that entire answer was about "I"

stop talking Lebron

He didn't say exactly that here is exactly what he said.....

"Absolutely not, cause at the end of the day, all the people that was rootin on me to fail, you know at the end of the day they still have to wake up tomorrow , have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They got the same personal problems that they had today. You know ima continue to live the way I want to live, and continue to do the things that I wanna do, be with my family and be happy with that so, they can get a few days or a few months, what ever the case may be, on aaaa bein happy about , not only myself, but the Miami Heat on not accomplishing that goal, but they gotta get back to the real world at some point. "

Still an extremely ridiculous response.

If you saw him saying it, you can see he was holding back a little bit on what he really wanted to say.

If you saw him saying it, you can see he was holding back a little bit on what he really wanted to say.

Lebron was sclearly attacking those who attacked him. He was being a punk ass bitch.

Totally classless.

I said at the time that it was the biggest switch from good guy to bad guy since Hulk Hogan joined the NWO.

If you've got a face with no personality, maybe the best "PR" move is to make him a heel. Lebron's heel turn has worked out well for the NBA. I don't think a lot of people really care that much about Dirk or Kidd. Without the Heat, the ratings wouldn't have been nearly as high.

Kobe's heel turn eventually worked out well for him as well. Then he came back to being a face soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the same Lebron haters here will be all over his dick soon enough after they win a championship.

Oh and Nonny, I love you man. But if I had to take you vs. Nike and Disney in a battle of who knows good PR, I'd go with Nike and Disney. I think they knew Lebron was getting boring and felt like this could spice him up.

Last edited:
Cuban just dropped the shit bomb on ESPN.

I mean the question was basically phrased "How do you feel about the haters being happy that you lost". I probably would have said what he said.

What a dick question.
He could have handled it better though. Say something like "I'm not really thinking about them, I'm thinking about the disappointment I feel and how we werent able to give our fans a championship. I don't care what people who don't like me are feeling" and then go on.

I'm watching it right now and went back on the DVR a few times. You could see by the smirk on his face he was like who gives a shit about the peons.

What's this Lebron had no personality and was always a douche talk? Most people thought he was a pretty cool guy, liked his commercials, etc. He seemed nice enough. He was the anti-Kobe in pretty much every way. I don't agree with you at all PH.

I'm watching it right now and went back on the DVR a few times. You could see by the smirk on his face he was like who gives a shit about the peons.

He should have said it. The one thing pro sports really needs are good WWE style promos.

The NBA and Lebron arent the same thing. The ratings were great, but how much of that was formerly disinterested people tuning it to root for Lebron to lose? A lot. And, without question, millions more rooted specifically aganst lebron than before The Decision. It was an indefensible move.

If you've got a face with no personality, maybe the best "PR" move is to make him a heel. Lebron's heel turn has worked out well for the NBA. I don't think a lot of people really care that much about Dirk or Kidd. Without the Heat, the ratings wouldn't have been nearly as high.

Kobe's heel turn eventually worked out well for him as well. Then he came back to being a face soon enough. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the same Lebron haters here will be all over his dick soon enough after they win a championship.

Oh and Nonny, I love you man. But if I had to take you vs. Nike and Disney in a battle of who knows good PR, I'd go with Nike and Disney. I think they knew Lebron was getting boring and felt like this could spice him up.

Precisely. Agree with all. People love a winner...or they hate a winner. Either way, he's set himself up to be the Howard Stern of the NBA with regard to attention getting.

God, what an awesome night, so long as I now remember it in the morning. Much as I already love Cuban, my respect for him increased immeasurably after letting Carter accept the trophy (one of the best sporting sights of my life, even if I wasn't born when he brought the team here). Also god bless that awkward but awesome seven foot German.

Got Orange Bowl, Super Bowl, and now NBA championship within my lifetime; is it too much to ask for [Redacted] anyone to give me the last sports fandom thing I want with a Deac final four? Also, I now feel incredibly bad but incredibly obligated to root for any Cleveland fans in anything from now if my team's dead.

I know there are a ton of people who hate lebron, but nearly all high school kids/middle school kids/ elementary kids love him. I know people say the decision thing hurt him but im pretty sure his jersey was still the number one seller this year. I am an elementary school teacher and a freshmen basketball coach, nearly every student/ player I had was a LeBron fan.

I know there are a ton of people who hate lebron, but nearly all high school kids/middle school kids/ elementary kids love him. I know people say the decision thing hurt him but im pretty sure his jersey was still the number one seller this year. I am an elementary school teacher and a freshmen basketball coach, nearly every student/ player I had was a LeBron fan.

1) Kids that old aren't self-aware yet. Not surprising.

2) He has a new jersey, with a new team. That new jersey is competing against old jerseys. Of course it's going to sell a lot. Doesn't mean he's the most "popular," as stupid a term as that is.

LD Williams and Travis McKie love him.

Nike and Disney were not behind The Decision. Everything that has come out since has talked about how that was purely Jim Gray, Lebron, and his inside people doing whatever they wanted.

I would of course trust the people who get paid the big bucks for this kind of stuff but you can't put the responsibility/credit of The Decision on Nike/Disney.

Lebron could have not done the decision and still been the top jersey sold by joining Miami. Check out the Q Ratings. Lebron took a HUGE hit.

Maybe this is why my opinion differs from PH. Lebron definitely had the support of the high school kids when he was with the Cavs. Massive support. No one thought he was a douche

Back