• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBC benching "Community", shuffling other programs

Manny makes $15K an ep. Nice change.

If McHale makes $60K, the Community cast is probably pretty cheap compared to other shows.

Big Bang is getting off cheap if the leads make $60K.

I'm pretty sure I just read that the BBT leads all make $200K an episode now.

No. Same as 30 Rock this year. Star got pregnant.

Not exactly. They shot 6 episodes while Poehler was still early in pregnancy, planning on airing those to start the fall and continue uninterrupted. Instead, they got pushed to the spring.

P&R was the odd man out to make room for Outsourced.

That Handler show might not make it through 8 eps. What a horrible, horrible premise for a show. She really might be the only person in the world smarmier than Bob Costas. And Donna from 70s Show in a starring role? Oof.

this is the worst part IMO. she is TERRIBLE.

Not exactly. They shot 6 episodes while Poehler was still early in pregnancy, planning on airing those to start the fall and continue uninterrupted. Instead, they got pushed to the spring.

P&R was the odd man out to make room for Outsourced.

Good call on that one NBC.

tumblr_luov9oJ25I1qeejbho1_500.gif

Ken Jeoung is probably the most expensive. Glover wasnt known (still isnt really) for his standup before this show and Allison Brie was only known as a bit part on Mad Men

Not saying you're wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Ken Jeoung is not even close to funny and never has been.

Also, Community is decent, but certainly should not be compared to the brilliance of Arrested Development.

Anybody see this past weekend's SNL? I thought it was one of the funniest I have seen in a long time, other than the Timberlake ones. A lot of red wine could have been clouding my judgment. The digital short, often the best part, was probably the weakest. Really liked the abstract French sketch, whatever that was.

They did that same sketch when Emma Stone hosted last year. I actually liked it a little better the last time (the song was catchier). You can watch it here:

http://vimeo.com/16197640

Overall, it was a pretty decent episode as far as this season has gone. The Wallace sketch was funny and I also liked the Technology Hump 12:55 sketch. While I like Bill Hader, I think it's time to retire the Herb Welch sketch, as it's really only one joke done over and over and over. The Secret Word recurring sketch should have been retired a long time ago. I have absolutely no idea who thinks the Garth and Kat thing they do during Update is funny. It has never been funny. It will never be funny. Kill it with fire.

Not saying you're wrong, but this just doesn't seem right. Ken Jeoung is not even close to funny and never has been.

Also, Community is decent, but certainly should not be compared to the brilliance of Arrested Development.

+1 i like community a lot, but this season hasn't been the best and whoever compared it to AD is just silly

Yeah TVGuide did a list a year ago. Hard to believe Sheen fucked up a job he was making 1.25 million an episode for coasting.

Some real interesting stuff in there. Example, Jon Hamm, arguably the best actor on television right now, makes all of $50,000 more in an entire year than Charlie Sheen was making in a single episode (13 episodes per year at 100k per for Hamm).

Mad Men is the best show on TV in any genre. But it doesn't do much in the ratings. I think most of AMCs other dramas actually have better ratings. It mostly brings prestige and awards to the AMC brand and lands its stars in other roles probably make them more money.

Mad Men is the best show on TV in any genre. But it doesn't do much in the ratings. I think most of AMCs other dramas actually have better ratings. It mostly brings prestige and awards to the AMC brand and lands its stars in other roles probably make them more money.

That's surprising because I think the show has pretty wide appeal (as opposed to Arrested Development which was kind of quirky, though awesome).

speaking on Mad Men, when is it coming back? did they ever work all that shit out?

[/B]

+1 i like community a lot, but this season hasn't been the best and whoever compared it to AD is just silly

I thought this season had been solid. I especially cracked up on the episode where Jeff was in the vents and got the poison on him and went postal with an axe.

That's surprising because I think the show has pretty wide appeal (as opposed to Arrested Development which was kind of quirky, though awesome).

Mad Men is not really a show intended to have a wide appeal. It caters to a white, educated, youngish demo with money. Good for advertisers, but not for getting big ratings.

I thought this season had been solid. I especially cracked up on the episode where Jeff was in the vents and got the poison on him and went postal with an axe.

Chaos Theory episode was one of the best.

I love Mad Men and can't wait for its return.

Back