• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Deacs, Rise Up: A Call to Action for FSU on Saturday

IrishSlim

The Sultan of Swashbuckle
Reaction score
The Irish statesman Edmund Burke famously said that "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Hyperbole aside, while #BuzzOut's sworn enemies Premier Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] may not be evil incarnate, I would - and have - made the case that their vision of perpetual mediocrity for our beloved alma mater's flagship sports program is still rather terrible. They suck at their jobs and have made a mockery of something we all hold dear all in the process. Make no mistake about it, it's not just going to go away because we want it to.

So what to do? Though more than two years old, the #BuzzOut campaign found the power of its voice this season. The FireBz.com website designed by VTetc. is a simultaneous stroke of legitimacy and a rally point for all interested in the #BuzzOut movement. That and this board are our voice. Now - now it's time to find our legs.

Deacvision7 has a plan - he and his loyal band of revolutionaries will stand together at the FSU game on Saturday and BE HEARD, no matter what the lemmings in the crowd desire. It's not disloyal to question your Athletic Department - it's disloyal to not question your Athletic Department. Following the historical examples of Gandhi and Bobby Sands, this protest will be peaceful but firm. Above all, they will be heard.

The question is - how many will stand with them?

A small group of 10 or so can make a scene, true, maybe even get a sign on national television and a chuckle from the announcers. But a group of that size can still be dismissed by the powers-that-be, who will take solace (a contrived solace, certainly) from the perceived silent majority so often referenced by hacks under fire (i.e. our beloved AD).

More bodies are needed for this to really fucking matter.

Do you live in North Carolina? Do you have Saturday off? Does what's happened to our beloved Demon Deacon basketball program infuriate you, keep you up at night, make you lash at your loved ones and have that one extra nightcap when you know you really shouldn't? THEN BE THERE. For you. For them. For the children. For all of us.

Save the excuses for inaction. 10 years from now, you'll either have been there ... or you won't have been. Rise up, North Carolina Deacs, and speak truth to power. Act. Chant. Cheer. And be heard.

Game starts at noon on Saturday. Be there and be there early. Revolutions must be planned after all, preferably with a few Natty Ices in a parking lot.

PM Deacvision7 for more details, and a tip of the hat to stratt for the genesis of this call to action.

Go Deacs. #BuzzOut. And long fucking live OGBoards, in all its gnarly, free-flowing madness.

1zpmk2c.jpg

Last edited:
The Irish statesman Edmund Burke famously said that "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Hyperbole aside, while #BuzzOut's sworn enemies Premier Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] may not be evil incarnate, I would - and have - made the case that their vision of perpetual mediocrity for our beloved alma mater's flagship sports program is still rather terrible. They suck at their jobs and have made a mockery of something we all hold dear all in the process. Make no mistake about it, it's not just going to go away because we want it to.

So what to do? Though more than two years old, the #BuzzOut campaign found the power of its voice this season. The FireBz.com website designed by VTetc. is a simultaneous stroke of legitimacy and a rally point for all interested in the #BuzzOut movement. That and this board are our voice. Now - now it's time to find our legs.

Deacvision7 has a plan - he and his loyal band of revolutionaries will stand together at the FSU game on Saturday and BE HEARD, no matter what the lemmings in the crowd desire. It's not disloyal to question your Athletic Department - it's disloyal to not question your Athletic Department. Following the historical examples of Gandhi and Bobby Sands, this protest will be peaceful but firm. Above all, they will be heard.

The question is - how many will stand with them?

A small group of 10 or so can make a scene, true, maybe even get a sign on national television and a chuckle from the announcers. But a group of that size can still be dismissed by the powers-that-be, who will take solace (a contrived solace, certainly) from the perceived silent majority so often referenced by hacks under fire (i.e. our beloved AD).

More bodies are needed for this to really fucking matter.

Do you live in North Carolina? Do you have Saturday off? Does what's happened to our beloved Demon Deacon basketball program infuriate you, keep you up at night, make you lash at your loved ones and have that one extra nightcap when you know you really shouldn't? THEN BE THERE. For you. For them. For the children. For all of us.

Save the excuses for inaction. 10 years from now, you'll either have been there ... or you won't have been. Rise up, North Carolina Deacs, and speak truth to power. Act. Chant. Cheer. And be heard.

Game starts at noon on Saturday. Be there and be there early. Revolutions must be planned after all, preferably with a few Natty Ices in a parking lot.

PM Deacvision7 for more details, and a tip of the hat to stratt for the genesis of this call to action.

Go Deacs. #BuzzOut. And long fucking live OGBoards, in all its gnarly, free-flowing madness.

1zpmk2c.jpg

This. This. This.

Show up in mases! Students, I know you are on this board. Get everyone you know to show up and be LOUD!

If you live outside the area but know people close to WF, email them to join in. The more the better. RW and the AD cannot dismiss the group if its large enough.

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
All right, all right

You say you want a revolution
Well, you know
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right
All right, all right

Staying behind the computer?

That to secure these rights, Athletic Departments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the fans, --That whenever any Form of an Athletic Department becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new Athletic Department, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Man, I'm just torn on this kind of thing. I think it's probably necessary to force Wellman's hand, but the whole thing just feels like it's disrespecting the players who are going to be playing their ass off (and possibly winning, given that it is a home game). I know there isn't a better time/place to voice your frustrations, but it sucks it has to be at a basketball game. [Redacted] deserves to be embarassed/called-out, but the players don't.

Won't be calling out players. We will cheer as we should.

Man, I'm just torn on this kind of thing. I think it's probably necessary to force Wellman's hand, but the whole thing just feels like it's disrespecting the players who are going to be playing their ass off (and possibly winning, given that it is a home game). I know there isn't a better time/place to voice your frustrations, but it sucks it has to be at a basketball game. [Redacted] deserves to be embarassed/called-out, but the players don't.

Yes, I will not protest with our guys playing. As long as our team is on the court I will back them and the coaches. Nothing is goingmtonhappen until the day after the acc tournament loss. Then raise hell! Also it certainly helps to make our voice heard at giving time. But again when our team is on the court I am behind all.

Unless there's a player named Jeff [Redacted], then no players will be offended. There's no reason - none - for this straw man argument at this stage in the game.

Fans should not be afraid of their athletic departments. Athletic departments should be afraid of their fans.

I don't really think it's a straw man that players might be offended by people yelling at Bzz throughout the game. It's something I've thought about but at the end of the day am persuaded that it's the right thing to do from the perspective of the team improving and the players getting a better coach.

I don't really think it's a straw man that players might be offended by people yelling at Bzz throughout the game. It's something I've thought about but at the end of the day am persuaded that it's the right thing to do from the perspective of the team improving and the players getting a better coach.

The players want to win basketball games. They hate losing. If they don't explicitly say it, then it's written on their faces. They hear Ron Wellman and Jeff [Redacted] throw them under the bus. They read the boards.

We need to quit treating these guys like any criticism will corrupt the innocence of their precious little souls. That's some patronizing nonsense and it's really not what's up.

That people are less concerned about Buzz throwing players under the bus, then fans calling out a coach who has amply proven himself to the be the worst in school history is the problem.

Yes, I will not protest with our guys playing. As long as our team is on the court I will back them and the coaches. Nothing is goingmtonhappen until the day after the acc tournament loss. Then raise hell! Also it certainly helps to make our voice heard at giving time. But again when our team is on the court I am behind all.

Ya true, we could call in and voice our opinions on the live bzz radio show (see how well that's worked). This fan base has been censored long enough. Not a SINGLE one us will be chastising the players. In fact we will be cheering as loud as we can for them. The chants will be geared towards wellman and bzzz, no one else. If you show up and demonstrate, fine. If not, no worries. None of the demonstrators will act negatively towards those that oppose this. And that should be true the other way around. I am interested in seeing if Wellman tries to remove those that are there. If he does, that should show everyone his abuse of power.

In greensboro, we had lots of people (who weren't with us) show support, young and old. I ran into many older friends of mine who are season ticket holders and BOT's who thanked us for what we are doing. It has start somewhere. Someone has to notice that we refuse to be LOWF any longer!

If we are going to do this we need to do it before Obama takes our guns. Our chances are diminished if we just throw tee shirts. Arm up true Deacons!

Power to some of the people!

Here's a solid opinion piece from this week's OG&B on the complacency at work in our football and basketball programs: http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=27910.

Don't know if the writer is on the boards or maybe a lurker, but we definitely have at least one student in our camp. Might be worth WIN-stalking him and recruiting him for Saturday's festivities.

Dont whimp out people help these guys out. You are disrespecting the players if you dont get with Slim. The fans and players deserve better. Wellman has told the once proud Alums to go f themselves. I have a game to coach myself, I would drive up and I am old. I am there in spirit. Godsped Irish, take back the program.

I'm a loud mouth on my own. I could still use some extra help.

This is a cause worth peacefully protesting over. It's our last Nationally televised game. The more media scrutiny we get on this situation the better our chances for [Redacted]'s removal at the end of the year.

Let [Redacted] know he isn't wanted here. Do you really think he reads the boards?
Let Wellman know that we will not be easily intimidated by a power hungry Athletic Director.
Let the players know that we know that they deserve better leadership.

Christ. Just do something.

Back