• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Deacs, Rise Up: A Call to Action for FSU on Saturday

Hoorah NC Deacs! Mother So Dear needs you! Oklahoma is too far for me to join you in body, but my faith and spirit resides with you. You have been heroes to the cause thus far, but this war is still in its adolescents. I believe this battle will be a turning point. Rise up and take what is rightfully ours. Hold steadfast and true, and defeat shall befall our enemies! Wake shall rise again!

Oh and there will be Board of Trustees members in attendance I've been told. All the more reason to make the numbers bigger and voices louder. Wouldn't it be nice to make Wellman uncomfortable in front of his bosses? I think so.

Oh and there will be Board of Trustees members in attendance I've been told. All the more reason to make the numbers bigger and voices louder. Wouldn't it be nice to make Wellman uncomfortable in front of his bosses? I think so.

How confident are you that some sort of audible chant will be successfully started? I'm just curious if a plan is in place? I hope it works, I just have seen the crowds at all the other home games and it appears that a ton of ''fans'' are ignorant fanny pack fans who probably don't know who the coach is, let alone have the balls to chant against him or all mighty Wellman.

How confident are you that some sort of audible chant will be successfully started? I'm just curious if a plan is in place? I hope it works, I just have seen the crowds at all the other home games and it appears that a ton of ''fans'' are ignorant fanny pack fans who probably don't know who the coach is, let alone have the balls to chant against him or all mighty Wellman.

It really shouldn't take much for it to be audible...

Get those that aren't in on the plan to chant? Highly unlikely.

Fair point. I guess one person would be sufficient most of the time.

Man, where is the student support, you should at least be able to get 100 people to make Wellman uncomfortable.

dv7 brah, I'm still waiting for deets. I PM'ed you!

Here's a solid opinion piece from this week's OG&B on the complacency at work in our football and basketball programs: http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=27910.

Don't know if the writer is on the boards or maybe a lurker, but we definitely have at least one student in our camp. Might be worth WIN-stalking him and recruiting him for Saturday's festivities.

That lurker would be me. Thanks for the shout out. My friends and I are definitely going to the game on Saturday and we definitely know what the deal is. I'd seriously give anything to have a competent coach at Wake.

That lurker would be me. Thanks for the shout out. My friends and I are definitely going to the game on Saturday and we definitely know what the deal is. I'd seriously give anything to have a competent coach at Wake.

Nicely done. I think you hit the nail on the head in your piece. What is your take on how the student body feels about the state of the basketball team?

This guy is one of the good ones.
#BuzzOUT

Yes, I will not protest with our guys playing. As long as our team is on the court I will back them and the coaches. Nothing is goingmtonhappen until the day after the acc tournament loss. Then raise hell! Also it certainly helps to make our voice heard at giving time. But again when our team is on the court I am behind all.

Responses like this are exactly why Wellman and Bz are getting away with murdering the basketball program.

This argument simply no longer applies. I wish I could be there on Saturday.

Some advice:

Know exactly how you're going to behave before you walk through the turn-style. Be confident in knowing what you're there to accomplish.

DV7, Irish, and others have collaborated to concoct a reasonable, responsible, and yet hopefully, rambunctious blueprint for everybody to follow to make this thing a success.

You're going to feel awkward at times. You're going to catch stares. You're going to step outside of yourself and wonder whether you're doing the right thing. The easiest thing, in that moment, is going to be to pause in your efforts and blend in with the majority; I'm pleading with you not to do that. Be bold and know that you're on the forefront of effecting change.

This thing is happening. Even if the physical turnout is 1/10th of what you're expecting it to be (as stratt can attest, that's not an outlandish scenario), that would just make it even more essential for you to stand out and individually help with this charge.

Wake could come out on fire on the court or you could upset the nice old couple behind you; you need to know going into this thing that what you're doing is right. Good luck everyone & Go Deacs!

If we are going to do this we need to do it before Obama takes our guns. Our chances are diminished if we just throw tee shirts. Arm up true Deacons!

Power to some of the people!

That's ridiculous.

Some advice:

Know exactly how you're going to behave before you walk through the turn-style. Be confident in knowing what you're there to accomplish.

DV7, Irish, and others have collaborated to concoct a reasonable, responsible, and yet hopefully, rambunctious blueprint for everybody to follow to make this thing a success.

You're going to feel awkward at times. You're going to catch stares. You're going to step outside of yourself and wonder whether you're doing the right thing. The easiest thing, in that moment, is going to be to pause in your efforts and blend in with the majority; I'm pleading with you not to do that. Be bold and know that you're on the forefront of effecting change.

This thing is happening. Even if the physical turnout is 1/10th of what you're expecting it to be (as stratt can attest, that's not an outlandish scenario), that would just make it even more essential for you to stand out and individually help with this charge.

Wake could come out on fire on the court or you could upset the nice old couple behind you; you need to know going into this thing that what you're doing is right. Good luck everyone & Go Deacs!

Oh man. Now I'm nervous. I care so very much about what people think about me! Especially strangers!

Here's a solid opinion piece from this week's OG&B on the complacency at work in our football and basketball programs: http://oldgoldandblack.com/?p=27910.

Don't know if the writer is on the boards or maybe a lurker, but we definitely have at least one student in our camp. Might be worth WIN-stalking him and recruiting him for Saturday's festivities.

Do they have editors? That first paragraph is horrible.

That is poor writing throughout. Despite that, he makes good points and it's good to see the complacency argument that I've been making for years out in the open.

Last edited:
Back