• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Predictions

Wake should win, although an early lead will probably dissipate due to poor FT shooting and poor execution down the stretch. It signals even more problems if NCSU wins this game ... although I wouldnt bet on either team!

This season just has the feel of a funeral march with each game marking a mournful step toward a final resolution at the end of the year.

I think you misspelled "celebratory parade with clowns and balloons." One clown, anyway.

Wake should win, although an early lead will probably dissipate due to poor FT shooting and poor execution down the stretch. It signals even more problems if NCSU wins this game ... although I wouldnt bet on either team!

This season just has the feel of a funeral march with each game marking a mournful step toward a final resolution at the end of the year.

Honest question for you Baby - you've mentioned on several threads that at the end of the season Bz resigns, Wellman thanks him for restoring culture, etc. - is this all gut feeling on your part or is there more? Last thing I want is for you to reveal sources, but frankly, the only thing that keeps me remotely attached to Wake hoops right now is the promise that yes, this is the last year of the experiment... I will be crushed if your predictions don't come to fruition...

Look at the excitement in the crowd! (Old guy behind girl in blue hahaha)

1545970_10152209900379238_955441834_n.jpg

I'm glad I don't have season tickets anymore so I don't feel bad about not showing.

People really think State is that great? Idk I've seen 4-5 games and it's pretty much just the T.J. Warren show. I don't think they are 10 points better than anyone (both playing up to potential) in the ACC...

T.J. Warren is probably the most underrated player in the country. Given the set up of their team he can easily go for 35 on any given night. They play best when he gets going early and other teams have to adjust to stop him. They have a couple other guys who can do some damage when they get easy looks while defenses key in on Warren.

McKie is our best bet but I'm not sure if he's bought in enough to spend 40 minutes getting only semi-embarrassed by Warren.

That's what people look like when you get called for Jury Duty.

Honest question for you Baby - you've mentioned on several threads that at the end of the season Bz resigns, Wellman thanks him for restoring culture, etc. - is this all gut feeling on your part or is there more? Last thing I want is for you to reveal sources, but frankly, the only thing that keeps me remotely attached to Wake hoops right now is the promise that yes, this is the last year of the experiment... I will be crushed if your predictions don't come to fruition...

Fair question. Let me answer as honestly as I can. It is more than just gut feeling, but as I have consistently said for years, no one knows for sure except RW, including his direct reports. There are things that could save Bz's job, but they just are not going to happen. The heat from multiple sources will be too great to ignore when the inevitable occurs. RW will publicly support Bz until the day he announces with regret Bz's resignation. There is much greater pressure on the basketball program than there was over football, and we know that RW did the right thing there. A resignation or an extension is going to happen at season's end. There is just no way it can be the latter. Keep the faith.

Fair question. Let me answer as honestly as I can. It is more than just gut feeling, but as I have consistently said for years, no one knows for sure except RW, including his direct reports. There are things that could save Bz's job, but they just are not going to happen. The heat from multiple sources will be too great to ignore when the inevitable occurs. RW will publicly support Bz until the day he announces with regret Bz's resignation. There is much greater pressure on the basketball program than there was over football, and we know that RW did the right thing there. A resignation or an extension is going to happen at season's end. There is just no way it can be the latter. Keep the faith.

ogboards:

2s8s09f.jpg

Baby,

Do you have any confidence in Wellman to make a decent hire post-[Redacted]? I'm concerned that Wellman has succeeded in consolidating power (read: money) in such a way that everyone in the AD is afraid to question him. Wake will never be a win at all costs program so change has to come from within the athletic department which seems like Ron's personal playground.

Baby,

Do you have any confidence in Wellman to make a decent hire post-[Redacted]? I'm concerned that Wellman has succeeded in consolidating power (read: money) in such a way that everyone in the AD is afraid to question him. Wake will never be a win at all costs program so change has to come from within the athletic department which seems like Ron's personal playground.

He made a great football hire. Why do you think he is incapable of making a good basketball hire?

shawshank-redemption.jpg

Back