• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Predictions

He made a great football hire. Why do you think he is incapable of making a good basketball hire?

I don't even know where to start here.

I think Clawson is a great fit and will do very well here but he's won exactly 0 games at Wake.

Wellman tied himself to this ridiculous culture rhetoric with basketball but not football. Wellman knows he fucked up but refuses to admit it. I'm concerned he'll stick to this nonsense and make a safe hire. After [Redacted], Wake can't afford another hire to please Ron's ego.

I think Clawson is a great fit and will do very well here but he's won exactly 0 games at Wake.

Wellman tied himself to this ridiculous culture rhetoric with basketball but not football. Wellman knows he fucked up but refuses to admit it. I'm concerned he'll stick to this nonsense and make a safe hire. After [Redacted], Wake can't afford another hire to please Ron's ego.

On paper, Clawson is a great hire. That's the only thing you can judge any hire by until they actually coach. Wellman has made some very good hires and some questionable ones. I have a feeling he will replace [Redacted] with somebody more in the Clawson mold.

I remember you said the exact same thing about the football coaching search.

We will get an old retread when we need excitement more than ever

I agree with Chris... I'm sure he noticed the reaction from the fan base after Clawson "won the press conference" and will try to duplicate it in basketball. He's got to go opposite of Bz titanic.

#MikeWhiteIn

Winning the press conference and winning basketball games doesn't have to be an either/or thing. There are plenty of coaches out there with the ability to do both. There are very few that can do neither and somehow we got stuck with one.

The difference in the bzzzhorrific hire and the Clawson hire is that ON PAPER Clawson looks like a winner while bzzz looked like a loser. Claw may or may not win at Wake, but given his coaching history, he deserves a chance at the helm. Bzz came to us with a pitiful losing record and absolutely did not deserve the head coach position RW gave him. Bzz is the personification of the Peter's Principle.

I hope Wellman has learned something from this.

Here are my predictions:

1. Buzz will have an ugly tie.

2. Buzz will spend a good part of the game with arms defensively crossed over his chest, like some teen-age girl who's not yet comfortable with her suddenly growing breasts.

3. Buzz's other body language will be mostly guarded, mechanical, often downright robotic.

4. The players will have to supply their own inspiration.

5. Devin, who's certainly tired of all this losing shit, will produce a double double, with a couple of nice assists added.

6. Wellman will be there, hoping for the opportunity to smile approvingly but glaring if things go wrong.

7. Some State fans will make fools of themselves.

8. Cody's shooting will be better than the last two games, and he will out play what's his name.

9. Mr. Moto will show further improvement, if the refs let him.

10. I will probably sleep through the game, since it is on at 3 AM in the morning here in Europe. So, enjoy without me.

Let's see how I did.

1. Check.

2. Check.

3. Check.

4. Check. (these first four were easy and may be assumed for every game for the rest of the year)

5. Only part right. Devin did not get enough rebounds but he did score in double figures. He also played like he was tired of losing.

6. Don't know. Did anybody see Wellman there and how did he act?

7. That's a given. Henceforth it may be assumed.

8. Bingo on both counts!

9. My best prediction. The kid just keeps playing better and better. From the looks of things we need him too.

10. I woke up and watched, although I wanted to go back to sleep at halftime and even fixed myself a drink to help me go back to sleep but it didn't work.

Ty Lew had a turnover and an assist which kept him from getting a six trillion for the evening.

Yeah he was sick and didn't play the second half. Still one more assist in an ACC game than Carter Cook has111

It's going to be pretty hilarious looking back on the Tyler Lewis vs. CMM debates in a couple years.

Back